In this episode of CStM we have a chat with Galenswerd (aka John) from the Celtic-Rock band, Fathom. John was the first Featured Player on the Turbine Community blog. He is a musician in real life working on a Tolkien inspired project entitled “The Lonely Mountain Band”. He is also a kinship leader of the same name on Landroval. We discuss music, LOTRO and kinships!
Festival in the Shire was mentioned in the interview which is a big celebration of all things Tolkien that is taking place next summer in Wales. Fathom is trying to get a group trip organized to attend this festival. So if you’re interested in traveling to the UK with Fathom, keep an eye on their website for updates on that!
Make sure you check out http://fathom.bandcamp.com/ for free downloads of Fathom rehearsal music! All music in this week’s podcast is from Fathom or the Lonely Mountain Project!
- Warcry Dev Chat
- Welcome Back Week
- Dev Diary: Dol Guldur
- LOTRO Legendary Lottery
- LOTRO Charity Auctions
- Europe Experience Bonus until Launch
- Mailbox Auto-Fill
- Main Menu Overhaul
- Preview Siege of Mirkwood
Raise Your Glass:
Email from Jason:
hey i love the podcast listen to it every week i dont play the game do to me using a laptop that doesnt have enough space but the podcast is good enough for me. found a book that is a guide to middle earth from a to z its called the complete guide to middle earth from the hobbit to the silmarillion by Robert Foster keep on podcastin merry christmas
Follow up Email from Dannae:
Hi Merric and Goldenstar, just to confirm what you thought already that ridiculous was meant in the very good sense and not the “getting shot in the head” sense as you put it in your recent excellent show Keep up the good work and absurdity (another good thing). The format and fun of the show is such that I could probably listen to you guys talk about walnuts for an hour.
iTunes 5 Star Reviews:
- Intro Music: Banshee by Fathom
- Background Music for the First Segment: Gold & Silver Trees by Fathom
- First Break: Lament for Eorl the Young by Fathom
- Background Music for the Second Segment (News): Battle of Ballylochlan by Fathom
- Second Break: Whiskey in the Jar as performed by Fathom
- Background Music for the Third Segment (Interview): Let us Sing Together by The Lonely Mountain Band
- Third Break: Back Home in Derry by Fathom
- Background Music for the Fourth Segment (Raise Your Glass): King of the Faeries by Fathom
- Closing Song: The Fall of Gil-galad by The Lonely Mountain Band