Sapience posted today about how Turbine will be re-opening the Bullroarer test server with a “Beta” version of Mirkwood’s first major patch (which is tentatively scheduled for a late January release). Although there is not an official version of the patch notes released yet (and we all know how much he loves the patch notes) he does offer up some of the features.
- The Nimble Redhorn-goat and Tame Redhorn-goat will no longer require the Basic Riding trait to use their associated mount skills.
- Addressed a number of Typos
- Resolved several unintended gameplay issues.
- Additional wolf, Mirk-huorn and orc spawns in Mirkwood.
- Several locations in Mirkwood where players could become stuck have been addressed.
- Corrected the reset skill bonus on the Shadow-walker set. The bonus will now properly reset Surprise Strike.
- The Burglar’s Off-hand Critical Chance legacy has had its ratings values at Tier 6 corrected.
- The Loremaster’s Sticky Gourd Direct Damage legacy has had its values and costs at Tier 6 corrected.
- Fixed an issue where the Guardian’s Threat legacy was not affecting the Guardian’s Threat skill.
- The Champion’s Increased Critical Damage Multiplier legacy has had its rank values and costs at Tier 6 corrected.
- The Hunter’s Barbed Arrow Bleed Damage legacy has had its rank values and costs at Tier 6 corrected.
- The following legacies have had their tier 6 costs corrected:
- Maximum targets for Pressing Attack.
- Challenge Targets.
- Guardian Area Effect Melee Targets.
- Maximum Targets for AOE Skills.
- Fire-Lore Targets.
- Bane Flare Targets.
- Ancient-Craft Targets.
- Call to Second Age Targets.
- Still as Death Duration.
- Rune keeper
- Vivid Imagery Targets.
- Fixed several locations where players could become stuck.
- Addressed a number of instances where waves were not appearing properly
I have to say that this does seem like a very incomplete list, which is exactly what Sapience said it would be. And while I am thankful that he put this together for us for the holidays, I am anxiously awaiting the release of more notes because there are some issues that I haven’t seen addressed yet such as the reduction of critical heals for Guardians/Wardens, or items of the same type overwriting one another in the Shared Storage feature, etc.
I’m sure we all have different fixes that we’d like to see resolved in this upcoming patch, though.