This week we talk about our trip to Weatherstock. Pictures Goldenstar took from the event are available from our online gallery. We really had a fantastic time and all the bands were wonderful! The most difficult part of the night was trying to pick which band I enjoyed the most!
Goldenstar is working on her hunter and Merric is leveling his minstrel. They talk a bit about their experience doing a 3-man skirmish at level 37. Merric is primarily using skirmishes to level his minstrel at this point while Goldenstar is spending her time in Evendim.
We also have a slew of Free to Play information from the dev tracker that you might be interested in!
- The Amazon deal on the LOTRO Game Time Cards we reported on earlier has had another price drop! It is now $12.99 for a 60 day card.
- Tell the Community Team about the Captain Class
Free to Play News Updates:
- Wardrobe shared by all characters, unlike what was previously stated.
- Wardrobe expandable to 50 slots, much like shared storage (in 10-slot increments).
- Dev team is looking into trash items (stack size, and the amount of items that exist in the world)
- Expansions to be available both as single units or a la carte.
- The store will filter out items based on subscription level
- What will be included in the free to play will be determined in beta
- Signing up for the beta and being a subscriber gets you into both pools
- Follow on your personal Twitter account
- Trait slots locked if you downgrade?
- Turbine point cards will be available at retail
- You will not be able to use points for character transfers
- Invites have started going out, with more to come throughout the summer
- Bullroarer is open for patching, but only invited players can log in
- A good player post on how F2P worked out well for him with DDO
- Isengard Program is “on hold” until after F2P testing is over.
- Weatherstock article on Massively was picked up on BBC’s Tech Breif.
- New End Game Guide series starting on the blog
- The Gates of Summer, an Elven event – June 20th Time to be determined by game day/night schedule
- Clan of Dereth’sOmishan Challenge – July 9th (Silverlode)
- New Podcast: Mordor or Bust
- Luxbra’s my.lotro blog
Raise Your Glass:
Uori of Landroval:
Guess this would be more for goldenstar since she plays the Mini…So i decided to level my dwarf Mini, and im not sure on what stats i need when it comes to virtues. the next question i would ask is, are there different virtues for healing and different ones for doing dps? or are the same stats for healing & dps the same? thanks for the help back to deed grinding, feel free to hit me up in game if ya need a low level healer, he is level 35, and his name is Uori…
Stay tuned later this week for a special Minstrel Class Round Table discussion!
Fyurae of Brandywine:
I really like your podcast. It’s a lot like what my ex and I wanted to do back when we played WoW.
I am a casual WoW player that turned casual LotRO player when I finished exploring Azeroth. My boyfriend, who started playing with me, and I just split up so I’m looking for a nice guild of people to play and chat with so I can still enjoy the game without feeling lonely. I’m playing on Brandywine, and I had thought about moving to Landroval but that’s not something I can afford right now. Also, my mom has started playing a bit on Brandywine and I’d feel bad if I left her.
The reason I’m asking your advice instead of going to the forums is that I like the approach you guys have to the game and it’s a lot like how I like to play MMO’s. Also, with your podcast and blog, I thought you might know what guilds on Brandywine have stuff to do other than raids, since I’d like to be able to do things with my mom on her little hobbits and I haven’t finished levelling myself.
I used to play on Landroval, but someone told me that Brandywine was more active, which I think was mistaken.
Great podcast, and thanks for any advice.
Galnetdor of Vilya:
I’m Galnetdor (Gal-Net-Door) from Vilya, Kin Burahobbits. (guess the source of that name..and no we’re not all Hobbits)
I have an achievement that might tickle your fancy. A bit ago, most of the kin was going on a turtle run, but I and a few others missed the cut off. So we thought to group for SH when we started to organize, to our surprise all of us who showed up where Captains. Three captains, no tank, no mini.
Now for those who don’t run with Captains that often, we are frequently the ‘tag along’ class. Many groups like us to show up early, give everyone our buffs, then frankly we fade to the background. At best were on standby the raise the healers or do some off tanking with oathbreakers but not really expected to ‘do’ much. No raid leader wants our heralds. Banners only please. With instruction to trait for heals not dps.So three captains for SH? We all laughed and joked about how fast we would wipe. We all had our oathies (Oathbreaker heralds) and so 6 of us entered SH expecting to die quickly…
Instead…we blew SH away. I’ve never done SH so fast. It was like the perfect combination for that instance. Nothing could stand against us more than a few minutes.
I’d now love to try some of the 12 man skirms with all captains…and soldiers and heralds. 36 bodies in a skirm…be fun.
Special thank you to the following folks for leaving us written reviews!
- Osiris Warp
- “Battle of Ballylochian” by Fathom
- “Pigeon on the Gate” by Fathom
- “Swan Ships of Alqualonde” performed by Lonely Mountain Band
We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear! You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following services that we actively post to.