’’This apple sauce is so tasty, you wish there was more of it.’’
- 1 kg of Shire Apples
- 5 tbsp of water
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla
- Wash your apples carefully. Make sure all wax is gone.
- Chop your apples in 4 and take the heart out. You do not need to peel them or to cut them in smaller pieces.
- Place your apples in a large pot. Add water, cover and cook at medium heat for 20 minutes.THey should look like the second picture below after being cooked.
- Add vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Mix a bit and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit before taking out the apple skins.They will come off very easily!
- Leaving the skin on your apples will make your sauce pink! You can also peel them if you want a yellow or white sauce.
- Adjust the quantities of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Vanilla to your taste!
- When making large quantities of apple cause, bottle it up or freeze it for later!