Spiced Apple Pie
‘’Sweet and flavourful, made with fresh Shire-apples.‘’
- 1 Pie Crust
- 6-8 medium sized Apples
- 1 tbsp. of Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. of brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- Peel and cut the apples in large slices, placing them in a large bowl. As you prepare them, mix with the lemon juice. This will ensure your apples don’t oxide while preparing your pie.
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar to your apples, mix well. Place them in your pie crust.
- You can sprinkle your spices and sugar once your apples are in the crust, it’s as you like! Both are delicious, hehe.
- You can put some egg york on the crust so it turns gold when baked.
- Put in the oven at 400 F for 35 min or until golden.
- Do not use Red Delicious for cooking your pie! While these are favourites for eating out of hand, their texture are not suited for cooking.
- Apples will shrink when cooked, so do not hesitate to stuff your pie!
- Traditional Apple Pies may use another crust to cover the top of the pie. There are many ways to do it!