Episode 64: Taking the Hobbits to Isengard

November 21, 2010

Episodes from 2010, Podcast

albumartThis episode we spend a good deal of time talking about the new announcement of “Rise of Isengard” from Friday. We also have a list of items that we know are coming between now and Fall 2011 for those worried that there is nothing new between now and Isengard.

Goldenstar recalls logging in and playing her Runekeeper but doesn’t remember anything interesting happening. Merric is working on Enedwaith and made an attempt at the Watcher. Together they ran the School with friend Bryandt.

Town Crier:

Rise of Isengard Announced

• New Zones: Dunland, Gap of Rohan, Isengard
  • Increased level cap (70)
  • Gain Access to New: Traits, Virtues, Skills, Class Quests
  • Expanded Monster Play (not open-world PvP)
  • Rohan and Mordor are eventual expansions; they just weren’t the “next” expansions.

Updates that are planned before Isengard

Additional Official News

Player News:

Raise Your Glass:

Angel:

I want to thank you all for being active in the how-to’s, the lotro news, and the many other things you do in this swirling world of MMOs. I cannot doubt it is a lot in addition to your RLs. You make the understanding of people’s, like me, gameplay and involvement in this community possible if not at least more managable. In fact, you’ve helped redevelop my understanding the idea of a “community” (in such an advanced
technological time) and from a psychological stand point, it’s an incredible thing. As a fellow Landrovalrim, again, I thank you for doing what you do. :)

Special thank you to Jan (Pjotr) for their donation!

Thank you to the following podcast reviewers:

• Droxine
  • Jovial1
  • The confused hobbit

Musical Credits:

Contact Us:

We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear! You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following services that we actively post to.

, , , , ,

16 Responses to “Episode 64: Taking the Hobbits to Isengard”

1. Pjtor Says:

*turns bright red*

2. Nick L. Says:

haha! “Taking the Hobbits to Isengard” was the first thing I thought of when I heard the new announcement. I had to go and watch it for old times’ sake. Excellent choice of music.

3. Branick Says:

Another excellent episode as usual. I salute you both. /salute

4. Strunto Says:

You need to make a sound byte of “Taking the hobbits to Isengard!” and have it available like your “wah wah waaaah” sound effect. (which I love… probably extra because Goldenstar seems to hate it so much.)

You should use the new sound byte each time you mention the expansion!

So sayeth Strunto

5. Thurley Says:

I know that you have asked about how we acess your podcasts and I thought I should let you know:

I typically listen to a stream via ITunes on my Iphone. This morning I attempted to connect, and kept getting an error message. I was able to access the LOTROReporter Podcast. But I ALWAYS listen to CSTM first. I will try again on the way home, but I thought it may have something to do with your new hosting site, etc.

Looking forward to listening. If the streaming doesn’t work, I can always download and sync.

Goldenstar Says:

Thanks for letting us know Thurley. I’m not sure what the issue could be. I just attempted to stream from my iPhone and it started playing. Try again when you have time if you wouldn’t mind. I’ve no idea why it would refuse to stream unless you happened to hit it at bad times, twice by coincidence.

6. Pojoh Says:

yea, when the expansion was announced, all I could think about was this song. Glad you included ‘taking the hobbits to Isengard.’ Good choice.

7. Pointy Says:

Removal of gated radiance – yeah! But.. I coudln’t find it anywhere in the linked thread?

8. Avatar of Merric
    Merric Says:

It’s at the end of the first paragraph.

It’s my understanding that it should be removed when the next raid cluster is released.

• Pointy Says:

Thanks. :) I clicked the link again and I think it had actually taken me to the middle of the thread, to page 17 or something. :)

9. toro Says:

good episode cstm and happy turkey day to all readers in the States.

1. Volume 2 Revamp & Class “Love” | A Casual Stroll to Mordor - January 24, 2011

[...] It really seems like the first quarter update is shaping up to include quite a bit of content and changes; so I can only hope that we can see some glimmer of patch notes in the future.  Or better yet, [...]