This episode we spend a good deal of time talking about the new announcement of “Rise of Isengard” from Friday. We also have a list of items that we know are coming between now and Fall 2011 for those worried that there is nothing new between now and Isengard.
Goldenstar recalls logging in and playing her Runekeeper but doesn’t remember anything interesting happening. Merric is working on Enedwaith and made an attempt at the Watcher. Together they ran the School with friend Bryandt.
- New Zones: Dunland, Gap of Rohan, Isengard
- Increased level cap (70)
- Gain Access to New: Traits, Virtues, Skills, Class Quests
- Expanded Monster Play (not open-world PvP)
- Rohan and Mordor are eventual expansions; they just weren’t the “next” expansions.
Updates that are planned before Isengard
- New Raid (first part of 2011)
- Instance cluster (first part of 2011)
- Changes to the Legendary Items
- Removal of Radiance Gating
- From Massively: Epic Books, Cosmetic System enhancements, Non-combat pets (squirrel), Level 65 First Age Legendaries, Dungeons starting at level 30-40
Additional Official News
- November Content Date Announced (Nov 29)
- Dev Diary Class Consumables
- Turbine is seeking feedback on the forums.
- Turbine Store Monthly Sale
- Weekly Sale
- Moria and Lothlorien quest packs sold separately next Update
- Aaron Campbell interviewed by EuroGamer
- More information on Point Cards
- Bullroarer: Mounts No Longer Block/Parry/Evade
- Twitter Contests
- Tell the Community Team
- Join the CSTM Weekly Newsletter!
- Kia’s LOTR Holiday Gift Guide
- Changes at CSTM
- New LOTRO Podcast: A Day in LOTRO
- Keep your eye on The Lonely Mountain Band as they announced this week an audio podcast with John DiBartolo, Ted Nasmith and Dr. Corey Olsen called “The Minstrel, The Painter and the Scholar”. They are recording later this month!
- Turkey Day Invasion of the Chickens (Landroval) – November 25th
- Band Camp (Crickhollow) – November 27
Raise Your Glass:
I want to thank you all for being active in the how-to’s, the lotro news, and the many other things you do in this swirling world of MMOs. I cannot doubt it is a lot in addition to your RLs. You make the understanding of people’s, like me, gameplay and involvement in this community possible if not at least more managable. In fact, you’ve helped redevelop my understanding the idea of a “community” (in such an advanced
technological time) and from a psychological stand point, it’s an incredible thing. As a fellow Landrovalrim, again, I thank you for doing what you do.
Special thank you to Jan (Pjotr) for their donation!
Thank you to the following podcast reviewers:
- The confused hobbit
- “Taking the Hobbits to Isengard” by Erwin “Tron” Beekveld
- “Battle of Ballylochian” by Fathom
- “Let Us Sing Together” by Lonely Mountain Band
- “Beyond the Western Seas” by Lonely Mountain Band
We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear! You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following services that we actively post to.