The Inn League (IL) is a festival reputation started by the Hobbits of the Shire to celebrate their love of a good strong drink. The only time you can earn reputation with this group is during one of the four seasonal festivals. For more information on in-game seasonal festivals see our General Festival Quest Guide that includes links to the specific season guides.
The Inn League’s rival is the Ale Association (AA) although you’ll find the Hobbits of the Inn League are much less interested in the goings on of AA. Most quests that grant you IL rep will also give negative AA rep, although it is possible to get to kindred with both.
The quests for this reputation are centered around alcohol and having your character drink alcohol so if you are a parent of a young and impressionable LOTRO player, you may want to think about whether or not you allow your kids to participate. It really is all quite harmless but as a parent, I understand having to be sensitive to issues like this and wanted to mention it.
Become a Member
The Inn League has been around for years but if this is your first romp with these folks, you’ll first need to complete the starter quest to become a member. This quest is found at the Shire Party Tree and given by Ailward Chubb. It is basically a pub crawl that will take you through several taverns throughout the Shire.
You have seven stops total (including the start at the Party Tree) and at each stop must drink 6 mugs within a time limit. Each stop starts a timer making it a race that gets more and more difficult as you go. It becomes more difficult do to your character getting drunk and their vision really blurring. I thought it was very fun though!
The stops must be done a specific order. After drinking your required 6 drinks at one stop the Inn League member will direct you to the next stop on the list.
- Inn League Initiation – Party Tree started by Ailward Chubb (29.93S, 71.63W)
- Inn League Initiation – Plow and Stars: speak to Bluebell Grubb seated inside the pub (27.64S, 68.08W) in Brockenborings
- Inn League Initiation – Golden Perch: speak to Ernulf Brandybuck standing near the bar inside the pub (31.98S, 63.79W) in Stock
- Inn League Initiation – Floating Log: speak to Daylily Bolger seated inside the pub (31.66S, 68.04W) in Frogmorton
- Inn League Initiation – Green Dragon: speak to Fulk Proudfoot inside the pub (31.80S, 69.64W) in Bywater.
- Inn League Initiation – Ivy Bush: speak to the nearly passed out Moonlight Sandheaver inside the pub (31.35S, 71.13W) in Hobbiton
- Inn League Initiation – Bird and Baby: speak with Ioco Underhill lying on the floor in the back room of the Bird and Baby (34.31S, 75.25W) in Michel Delving.
I have done this quest on several characters and while having a mount does make this a bit less stressful, I have been able to complete this using only a slow mount, using the Shire stable masters and on foot as well.
There are stable points for all stops except Frogmorton and Bywater. You’ll have to hoof it yourself for those two (you could take a ride to Hobbition from Stock and hop off the pony when you near Frogmorton).
The quest is available to all levels so you can do this quest right away. The first time you complete this quest you will gain 10,000 reputation and the Inn League Member title. This will open up the other repeatable reputation quests for you!
There are 16 total daily repeatable quests available for gathering reputation with the Inn League. A possible total of +15,600 reputation is able to be earned each day! And this is not including the specific festival quests like the Spring Festival Hedge Maze or Fall Festival Haunted Burrow quests!
Note that most of these quests also grant you negative reputation with the rival group the Ale Association. It is possible to get kindred with both factions if you are interested in doing so.
Inn League Initiation
|Inn League Initiation (Pub Crawl)|
|NPC: Ailward Chubb|
|Reward: +1200 IL Faction|
|The exact same pub crawl quest turns into a daily repeatable after completing it for your membership (details on this quest above).|
|NPC: Ailward Chubb|
|Reward: +900 IL Rep, -500 AA Rep, 1 Badge of Taste|
|This quest is just to introduce you to the 4 other repeatable quests available for the Inn League. It is not repeatable. Quest asks you to figure out why the Inn League has lost some members recently. This means running around and helping the dwarves that are mocked in the “An Irritating Initiation” quest for the Ale Association. The quests are named with numbers 1-4 but they can be done in any order.This introduction quest is not repeatable. After completing this quest simply return to all the dwarves to pick up the quest. If Ailward does not have this quest for you, go do the “An Irritating Initation” quest for the Ale Association to open it up.|
Inn League Delivery
The Inn League Delivery quests are a set of 11 quests asking you to deliver a specific beverage to specific members that are scattered across Middle-earth. With patch 3.1.1 you can now easily get all these quests from an Inn League Tavern Keep in the festival locations. Each of these quests grants +900 Inn League Rep, -500 Ale Association Rep and 1 Badge of Taste.
You only need to get the quest from the Inn League Tavern Keep the first run through. Afterwards you can run straight to the delivery target with their ale to hand it in. This makes this pretty easy to deliver even if a lot of travel.
Buy the Ale First
Before you head off though, you should prep by buying all the delivered ales ahead of time. That way you don’t have to spend some of your hour time limit travelling to collect these items. You can actually buy these in stacks so you can just carry them with you and do the quest every day without first going to buy all these ales.
Here is your shopping list:
- Moor-boar Beer from Barliman Butterbur in the Prancing Pony; 40c each
- Stars of Old Cider from Barliman Butterbur in the Prancing Pony; 80c each
- Beakbreaker Ale from Lizbeth Honeymeade in the Comb and Wattle Inn; 40c each
- Bombur’s Beard Lager from Rúnulf in the Underground Tavern in Thorin’s Hall; 80c each
- Limael’s Vintage from Brethilwen at the Vineyard in Ered Luin; 40c each
- Blagrove’s Brown from Carlo Blagrove in The Bird and Baby; 40c each
- Thistlebelly Brew from Hereward Loamsdown in The Ivy Bush; 40c each
- Brandy Wine from Gunderic Grubb in The Golden Perch; 40c each
- Swill from Anlaf the Forlorn in the Forsaken Inn; 40c each
- Forsaken Ale from Anlaf the Forlorn in the Forsaken Inn; 40c each (ALE not CIDER)
- Dorwinion White from Sogadan in the Hall of Fire, Rivendell; 40c each (WHITE not RED)
Total cost for one of each type = 4 silver 80 copper. Total cost for a stack (50) of each = 240 silver.
If you have all the swift travel options available to you, you can follow Arnhelm_of_Rohan’s Guide to IL delivery quests without a hunter.
Some festivals have special quests with Inn League quests that are available only during that festival.
There are 4 deeds available from The Inn League.
- Inn League Member You earn this after completing the initial pub crawl event.
- Senior Inn League Member If you complete 5 of the reputation quests you will earn this deed, 1,200 additional reputation and the title Senior Inn League Member.
- Inn League Notable If you complete all 11 of the reputation quests and you will earn this deed, 1,200 additional reputation and the title Inn League Notable. This title will replace your Senior Inn League Member title.
- Inn League Challenge There are 23 beers, ales and wines throughout Eriador to earn this deed and the title Inn League Sage of Fine Spirits. See this post on LOTRO Wiki for details on the 23 beers needed for this title.
- Inn League Delivery: Complete 11 delivery quests for the title “Do-Gooder”
Once Friendly with The Inn League, you will have access to a special room in the Bird and Baby where you can pick up some decorations for your home using Badge of Taste.
Inn League Taxidermist: Alric Banks
- Black Bear with League Hat (1 Undamaged Black-Bear Corpse, 4 Badges of Taste)
- Brown Bear with Pie and Mug (1 Undamaged Brown-Bear Corpse, 4 Badges of Taste)
- Frost-Antler Head with Pipe (1 Undamaged Frost-Antler Head, 4 Badges of Taste)
- White Wolf with Mug (1 Undamaged White-Wolf Corpse, 4 Badges of Taste)
Pictures of these furniture items can be found in Kiarane’s General Festival Decoration Guide.
Inn League Trader: FragoSandheaver.
- Ancient Tome (5 Badges of Taste) – Once used you earn the /dance_jig emote
- 3 Summer Festival Tokens (1 Badge of Taste)
- 3 Spring Leaves (1 Badge of Taste).
- 3 Yule Festival Tokens (1 Badge of Taste)
- 3 Fall Festival Tokens (1 Badge of Taste)
Inn League Barmaid: Ivy Tunnelly (Kindred Vendor)
- Inn League Tunic and Pants – 5 Badges of Taste
- Plain Short-Sleeved Tunic and Pants – 5 Badges of Taste
- Inn League Decorative Keg – 5 Badges of Taste
- Inn League Lamp – 5 Badges of Taste
- Harvestmath Race Token – 10 Badges of Taste
- Springfest Race Token – 10 Badges of Taste
- Summerfest Race Token – 10 Badges of Taste
- Yule Horse Race Token – 10 Badges of Taste
- Inn League Mount – 20 Badges of Taste & 1 Document of Mount Ownership