We have returned from vacation and boy do we have a TON of news to cover! We go over the new Yule Festival Dev Diaries, contests available, all the new store sales, current issues being reported an more! This episode ended up being an hour and a half due to all the news.
Merric’s hunter hit level 40 this week. He completed Vol 1 Book 4 and skirmished probably the last 5 levels. He also got his guardian kindred with the grey company.
Goldenstar also got her Runekeeper to 40 and on her Minstrel completed all of Volume 3.
This week after the Sambrog encounter one of the barghast bugged and didn’t despawn. Goldenstar decided to make him her pet and called him Wolfieface. Everyone was trying to figure out how to get out of combat with Wolfieface while I was teaching him to roll and howl and playing with my dog.
We were also interviewed by The Dunedain podcast so look to their podcast if you’re interested in hearing us talk about ourselves and the goings on with CSTM!
- Turbine Contest (Win 100,000 Turbine Points)
- More Twitter-related (and other) contests coming later this month
- Dev Diary: Yule Festival
- Dev Diary: Yule Festival Theatre
- Raptr and Turbine team up
- Store item to increase Task Daily limit is missing from the store and will be addressed in a future patch
- Master of Writs is being disabled when disarmed; fixed in next patch
- All patch content should be in the lorebook now
- Codemasters issue with new accounts and lone-lands quest pack
- Weekly Sale
- Yule Items Come to the Store
- Permanent Stat and Virtue Price Drop! (295 points each)
- 50% off Winter Sale
- Turbine Tuesdays
- Point Cards are US only and store distribution is up to the store management
- The Steed of Night
- Block/Parry/Evade pulled from horses and “…is not likely to be updated at any point in the near future, if ever.”
- Rangers of the North horse has the wrong appearance
- Rank 12 PvMP horse should be 168% run speed and will be fixed in the future.
- Some people may find their Skeletal Horse missing
- Deeds Are Not Awarding Turbine Points (now they are)
- Aaron Campbell interviewed on MMORPG
- Mirkwood (Moria?) Expansion purchase clarification
- lotroclient.exe flagging as a false positive trojan
- No work on Volume 2 becoming Soloable
- CSTM LOTRO Secret Contest
- LOTRO Reporter Random Act of Kindness Contest
- A Christmas Carol Comes to Middle-earth
- All Shall Fade’s 4th Annual Winter Festival (Nimrodel)
- Wassail at the Shire Homesteads (Landroval)
- Christmas Concert (Elendilmir)
- Last Warders Christmas Competition (Gilrain)
Qyne the Guard:
So, I have finally reached kindred with the Jewellers guild and bought the reforged level 65 second age recipes for the Rune-keepers stones and the Champion’s rune. I had been devoting a ton of my time toward reaching this point. Finally being able to craft the top of the line end game weapons/ class items was a huge thing for me. And then I hit a wall. I play on the silverlode so some of the specifics are gonna be for my server only. To create a reforged 65 second ager you need : a symbol of celebrimmbor which averages 22g, 5 Legendary Fragments averaging 2 gold a piece, 2 mithril infused gold ingots ( the flakes average 600 sil each) and 4 khaz gold ingots and 2 polished dawn rose ( the cost of which is negligible). When you add the figures up it cost roughly 33-34 g to make one Legendary item. I made one rune-keepers stone and felt great having reached the end of the long road it taken to get to this point. I have it identified and it has 2 tier 6 legacies and 1 tier5. Pretty good I thought. I run over to auction house ready to sell this baby for a killing. I search out the item to see what its going for and my jaw fell open when I saw that people were selling some for 10g. What the ? I was confused. Maybe it was a fluke. The guard weapons were always 40-70 g on average. So I searched out legendaries across all classes and it was everywhere. Many classes had 65 second agers going for 10 g . I asked in advice and people said they had bad legacies on them. I was floored. What are people doing? You need to sell the item for at least the cost of what it cost to make it. If you don’t your destroying the economy on the server. I’ve tried selling my stone at several different prices and I am continually undercut by people selling for 10g, 15g. I understand the concept of undercutting but you are losing so much gold, how do people reconcile this? where do you guys stand on this? whats landroval like? Sorry for the length of this:)
i recently quit WoW due to money problems (got pay cut and college roomate got fired) and i had no problem quitting, after all, it was getting boring. so i continued my studies and found my self with a bunch of time on my hands so i began looking for f2p games similar to wow. bam, i stumble upon lotro. so i downloaded it earlier today and havent played yet, just watching vids and reading a little and doing normal business. so my questions for you are…
1) as a noob, what is a good starter class that is generally easy to play? and which race?
2)which would be better for a beginner:
Hunter, Champion or Burglar.
that is all, thanks
A special thank you to Psallo,Imladris Server of the Phoenix Reborn Kinship for his donation!
- “Taking the Hobbits to Isengard” by Erwin “Tron” Beekveld
- “Battle of Ballylochian” by Fathom
- “Let Us Sing Together” by Lonely Mountain Band
- “Beyond the Western Seas” by Lonely Mountain Band
We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear! You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following services that we actively post to.