Today, Turbine’s Kate Paiz released another Producer’s Letter on the official LOTRO website. And while there isn’t a huge amount of news about what is upcoming in the future of LOTRO in regards to Isengard (probably because a large portion of it is in flux), there were some juicy tidbits to disclose about that and some of what else we will see in the near future.
- There will be a new Anniversary Festival
- There is indeed another raid in development
- It has a “…monstrous dragon boss with custom voice-over and lip-syncing animation,”
- It will be released with Isengard this fall
- Update 3 is scheduled for late May
- It will have 2 new mid-level dungeons
- It will have 2 new Skirmishes
- All four of these instances will scale to 65
- A new store item will be released “…that allows characters to reset the Skirmish Marks spent on Skirmish Traits.”
- There will be a “…new festival-like event where players will get a chance to spend a few days frantically searching for buried treasure. It’ll have some cool in-game rewards, and will likely be open for play periodically over the year.”
I have to admit, this makes me want to know more about what is coming up. I’m also impressed that there will in, fact be a new raid coming with Isengard and that they’re looking immerse us further into the world of LOTRO with voice acting. Hopefully someone can take a video of that dragon speaking in the future!