Decoration Ideas: Children’s Room

You know what fascinates me most about decoration? Every room tells a story.

This time, I wanted to tell a story about children. I thought a while ago about creating different child’s room and see how we could come up with various designs for the youngest. Even if children are absent from most MMOs, kids are a huge part of every societies, and they too should have their place in Middle-Earth. I hope it will inspire you to bring a touch of youth in your home this season! Enjoy!

Sweet Pea
A delicate bedroom in shades of green, with the cute windmill toy!Sweet Pea

Princess Me
A girl’s room in white and pink.
Princess Me

Summer Breeze
Sky blue and grass green, perfect for the upcoming summer.
Summer Blue

Apprentice Hunter
For the brave young adventurer!
Young Hunter

Lil’ Sailor
For the fishing enthusiasts.
Lil' Sailor

Cheerful Colors
Let’s go crazy!Color blocking

Ps: If you have any challenge, request or suggestions about decoration ideas, I’d like to hear from you at kiarane@casualstrolltomordor.com!

21 Responses to “Decoration Ideas: Children’s Room”

1. Sam Says:

You’re very talented.

2. Elenluin Says:

Welcome back from your break. As always you are amazing at matching things together. I must try redecorating my home too.

3. Nathegar Says:

Amazing work! I find getting around to decorating the old hobbit hole to be one of the most difficult things to do in game. :-)

4. Alyran Says:

If I was a child I think I’d be frightened of the bear :)

Seriously, thank you for the wonderful ideas! Like the previous ones that I have seen published here, these are also fantastic.

5. Crell Says:

Crell, achieved Ambassador to the Elves, became known as ‘Ally of the Free Peoples’. Trying as hard as he could, he could not get them to call him ‘Hero of the Free Peoples’…there’s always some villian they’re dangling over his head in an effort to get him to do something else! Perhaps after I sort out who’s ruining the land with these mysterious relics and solve that problem these good folk will recognize me for my Achievements! Until then I shall continue my vigilant watch over Middle-Earth.

Crell, Leader, Vanguard, Riddermark

6. Lamium Says:

Your windmill has blades! Sweet!! Did they fix that?

The rooms look great, I can’t even decide which one I like best. The housing storage makes a great looking toybox, too. If I had any real-world skills at all, I’d build a treasure chest toybox for my grandson.

Lamium

7. Stormwaltz Says:

The Summer Breeze room looks like you have two different colors on the two different walls. /rubseyes

8. Steffen Says:

Nice one! I really like what you do.

9. Celondur Says:

Wow! These are all fantastic, Kiarane! Makes me want to go buy my own kin house.

10. Falraniel Says:

I could do with a list of the items in the different rooms as I don’t recognise all the items (like carpets) and so wouldn’t know what to buy / craft for any particular effect.

11. Sapphiria Says:

Lovely ideas. Is this a race of man home? I RP a child character, and usually keep the rooms very simple in my hobbit hole, but these are some great ideas. Last night I was gifted with the toy windmill, but I decided to put it in the main room for the whole family to enjoy.

12. Limm Says:

Love them! What a great idea! I do a lot of decorating in the Sims 3, but I never think to do stuff like this in Lotro, I’ve kind of decorated my place and then only update as I get new items. I love the idea of doing different themes though, and what fun to do a children’s room! :)

13. Danellwyn Says:

Great rooms!!! I just wish they would allow us to use up more space in our homes. And I need more Rooms!!!!

14. Avatar of Lilikate Buggins.
    Lilikate Buggins. Says:

Love these ideas! I will be using some of these ideas in my lotro homes.

1. House and Home | Landroval Style - July 3, 2012

[...] worth reading.  If you want to be slapped sideways by cute, check out Kiarane’s amazing Children’s Room [...]

2. House and Home: For the Children | Landroval Style - August 4, 2012

[...] a lot of people, I was enchanted last spring when Kiarane of Casual Stroll to Mordor authored Decoration Ideas:  Children’s Rooms.  It was an adorable post, and I think this is the second time I’m linking to it, I’m [...]