Legendary Items: Looking at Relic Stats

Relics1[1]So what are Relics?  Well, if you remember in our previous post, Relics are items which provide bonuses to your Legendary Item (LI).  There are four kinds (Settings, Gems, Runes, and Crafted) and you can only have one of each kind slotted in an LI at a time.  If you want to replace a relic that is already slotted in an LI you either have to overwrite the relic, destroying it, or you can purchase a “Scroll of Removal” from the LOTRO Store for 195 Turbine Points.  The scroll will remove all relics and return them to them to the LI panel.

So what makes relics so great?  Well, as you recall there are two bonuses on LI’s: Relics and Legacies.  While Legacies will focus on enhancing your skills, Relics focus on enhancing your stats (Vitality, Block, Healing, etc.); so it’s important that all relic slots that can be filled, should be filled.  These are a great way to boost your stats to cap, to fill in “gaps” that your equipment may leave open, or to utilize when testing different builds.

For those who aren’t crafters you are still able to utilize quite a few of the “Crafted” Relics as a number of them can be traded or sold.  However, there are a few relics that cannot be traded due to being Bound-on-Acquire (BOA).  If you want to see the all of the relics and what bonuses they provide, we have created a spreadsheet with all the the relics that are currently available via the LI System.  For those of you wishing to see a list of previous relics (before the revamp in Update 2) and their bonuses you can still view them on LOTRO Wiki; however they are no longer available through deconstruction or melding.

Excel Version
Excel-icon
Google Docs Version
Google-icon

In the next update, we will go over how you get relics, how melding works, and the whole shebang!

, , , ,

About Merric

Co-founder of CSTM and an avid LOTRO fan.

20 Responses to “Legendary Items: Looking at Relic Stats”

1. Crell Says:

An excellent idea! I’d also like to see in one of the articles something to the effect of.. : Is it worth slotting a relic in my LI now or waiting until cap/next weapon? (assuming I wont remove it via the store)

Merric Says:

Interesting idea Crell! I will definitely keep that in mind. :)

• grimbran Says:

I’m leveling in my mid-50′s and even at this level tier1 and tier2 relics are so plentiful that i consider them basically disposable.(for a few character levels, I just leveled them to 11 and deconstructed them, creating a virtual horde of relics to use.) I don’t hesitate to use low-end relics in my leveling LI’s now, even at low tier they give pretty awesome stat changes.

Now I got my hands on a reasonably priced 2nd age lvl60 class item and weapon via the AH, so now I’m leveling a bunch of 3rd ages to 30 in the meantime so I can convert those 2nd ages from poor legacies to awesome ones.

2. sauron07 Says:

I might be missing it, but I cant seem to access the Unique and crafted relics in the google docs version

Goldenstar Says:

Meaning you can’t find them or that it isn’t opening? I tried it and it does open for me so I’m going to assume you can’t find where to access.

There’s tabs in the lower left corner of the google doc for the different spreadsheet pages.

3. Dan Says:

This is a nice resource thanks for doing this. I really wish that Turbine had decided to use a more ‘logical’ naming system for these relics rather than arbitrary names. I have to constantly hover over each one by one in order to find the ones that I’m looking for. It will be nice to have this to scan through instead.

Merric Says:

You’re quite welcome. And your difficulty finding relic bonuses was the same reason why I made it in a spreadsheet. I figure I can’t be the only one who wants to be able to find a relic by its bonus and know how it compares to similar kinds.

4. NoAstronomer Says:

Quick question: many classes can dual-wield … can I wield more than one LI?

• KR Says:

I don’t think so, not two melee weapons dual-wielded. You can have a legendary melee weapon and a legendary bow as a hunter, or a legendary melee weapon and a legendary javelin as a warden, and maybe others, but I don’t think you can have, e.g., two legendary swords as a champion.

Merric Says:

Right.

So for example, Champions can wield a weapon (2-hander or main-hand) and a Champion’s Rune. However, while they can level up a total of 7 of any legendary item at the same time, they can only equip 1 weapon and 1 rune at any given time.

• Khorgrim Says:

In addition, you can only slot the melee LI in a right/main hand. I wanted a LI dagger for my hunter, and the only way to make it happen, was to make him left handed due to the dagger only going in his right. I assume it’s this way to prevent someone from finding a way to equip 3 LI’s.

• Lotanerve Says:

Unfortunately, LI are main-hand weapons only.

5. Kathwren Says:

Excellent and useful tool for those of us first starting the LI system – thanks for the time and energy it took to create it!

6. shipwreck Says:

If I could click a “Like” button I would. Since I can’t I’ll just say “Thank you!”

I literally took one look at the Melding screen (or whatever it’s called) and closed it since I had to mouse over every single relic to figure out what it was (not to mention there’s no way to compare).

I wish they would add a list-view to this game.

7. Lotanerve Says:

I’ve been scouring a guide on the nets for sooo long. I’m looking forward to understanding the best way to Melding, relic-forging, any way to improving my relics/settings so I can be prepared to have the best when I obtain my premier LI that I want to end-game my toon with.

8. grimbran Says:

Thanks so much for putting this spreadsheet together Merric! *Very* handy reference to have. You rock, as usual.