This week we discuss the new screenshots, hunter dev diary, changes coming to the LOTRO Store and more!
This week Goldenstar has been playing with her Dums in Angmar. Her burglar is level 45 and working on her class quests and getting her legendary item.
Merric actually joined us in the Dum group this week and got his warden to level 45. He did a few skirmishes and is working on gathering burglar class items for the lazy Goldenstar.
- Armour and Items Screenshots
- Hunter Dev Diary
- Orion Discusses Post Isengard Minstrel Instruments
- Changes to the LOTRO Store
- Talk Like a Pirate Day Events
- Downtime on Monday Sept 19th
- Weekly Store Sale
- Win a “White Hand” t-shirt
- Vraeden’s Guide to Lousy Healing
- Pineleaf Plays the Minstrel
- LEAD Vol 2 Book 3
- LEAD Side Day Silvertines Loads
- Interview with Adam Merksy and Aaron Campbell
- Video of the New Dunland Region
- Doc Holiday Interview with Turbine
- Syp of Massively is taken on a tour of Rise of Isengard
- Middle-Earth Network Aims to Reach 4-million fans
Raise Your Glass
Ambelbras of Landroval:
Great work on the last two episodes, I really enjoyed the conversation with Mr Warg.
I was have seen a couple of good articles recently for newbies and wanted to share this with you and the readers:
If like me you are always struggling with space on your hotbars, here’s a trick to allow you to access your pots without taking up valuable real estate:
1. Assign a hot key to one of your bags (in the hotkey settings.)
2. fill the bag with pots (I put power pots in the first two columns and health post in the next two going from weakest at the top to strongest at the bottom)
3. position the bag somewhere where you can easily click on it when it’s opened (I position mine just to the right of my central hot bars)
4. Whenever you are in combat and need that extra boost simply hit the hotkey click the pot and away you go!
Just remember; when you pick stuff up, the system puts it in your bags in a specific order, filling the first then the next and so on. To avoid clutter in your pots bag, make sure that you are hotkeying the last bag in the chain.
On a similar note, if you are frequently changing mounts, you can assign the ‘mounts’ panel to one of the permanent links at the bottom of the screen and hotkey that too. Now instead of having to navigate through the character screen or having multiple mount icons on your hotbars you simply hit the hotkey and get a full list of all your mounts to select from.
Have a great weekend!
Chris (aka Amblebras of Landroval)
I am a bit concerned about graphics performance in Isengard. I was in beta and having a top notch video card (GTX 590) with a very nice system (12GB RAM, 6 core CPU) I was very surprised to see my FPS rate drop below 20, mainly in the central city in dunland (galtrev). I know it’s a very crowded area, ala 21st hall, but hey, your demo video of dunland was smoothie king all along!
I would appreciate if you could try collecting feedback in this regard to see if my system is out of tune or if it’s a beta thing or if we should expect similar behavior in live.
GoTiK (runkipera of windfola)
Greetings Goldenstar and Merric!
I am working on reaching level 65 on my main before RoI launches (almost 61 now in Mirkwood) but I have to admit I didnt spend a lot of
time in Moria. However, as a soloing Minstrel running in Warspeech I would like to work on my rep with the Iron Garrison Guards to get the book “The Verses of the North”. Sadly, I am only as far as Friend with them so far. Is there a good way to grind up this rep? Are there particular quests or soloable instances that would move this along? Perhaps there is even a guide out there I have missed. I must admit grinding it to Kindred seems pretty daunting so I was hoping to hear what your thoughts were on this.
Atheor — Dwarf Minstrel on Landroval
Hello Merric and Goldenstar/Goldenstar and Merric !
Thank you all for your wonderful podcast. I am a LM noobie on the Riddermark and both your blog and your podcats have helped me a great deal. Keep up the good work
Best Regards Emelis, (LM 35, Riddermark)
Thank you to Michel L., Collin B., Ricardo B. for their donations to CSTM!
We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear!
You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following servicesthat we actively post to.