Goldenstar’s burglar is still level 48 and is supposed to get to level 50 by Tuesday (don’t hold your breath). In other news, she’s collected as much as she think she wanted from the Fall Festival.
Merric’s champion is level 62 and in Mirkwood. He warns the drownholt area is still pretty crummy and Goldenstar’s characters should still avoid them.
- 250 New items added to the Lottery winnings pool based off player suggestion
- Draigoch Tips and Hints Guide by Turbine
- Draigoch’s Lair Guide by Ten Ton Hammer
- Update to last week’s Warden input
- Mount Emotes coming and Lotteries to win early
- Bandages were removed as they were not functioning as intended
- Weekly Store Sale
- Green Glowing Skeleton Steed updated to 250 Morale and 68% speed
- The Fellowship Walk has finished!
- Pineleaf’s Primer 15: Breaching the Necromancers Gate
- LEAD: Redhorn Lodes & Flaming Deeps
- Decoration and Furniture Guide Updated for Update 4
- New NPC Housing Series from Kia
- Vraeden’s article on Minstrels and Captains in RL
- Goldenstar will be on the next episode of LOTRO Beneath Your Feet
- Merric and Syp started a new podcast
Raise Your Glass
Letter from Arodhir:
Hi Merric & Goldenstar,
Love the podcast, it’s one the few things I look forward to on Monday mornings (I listen to your cast as I drive to work).
I had a couple questions regarding crafting in ROI.
#1) I’m a little confused about whether or not low-level alts are able to progress into Tier 7 crafting — I remember hearing somewhere that Tier 7 crafting is gated by ROI reputation, but was not clear on the details. If this is true, are all crafting professions gated in the same way? I wanted to create an alt to be my Jeweller, but if he is not going to be able to advance to the top tier of crafting (without leveling to 65+) then I don’t want to waste my time and in-game resources.
#2) I’m having a hard time to find a good website/resource to view the new recipes introduced in ROI. Lotro Wiki has some, but not all. Do you know of any other resources on the Internet that is available?
Thanks in advance for your help, and keep up the great work with the blog and podcast!
Arodhir (air-road-hear), Captain of Landroval
Letter from Eckee of Brandywine
Hi Baby Hobbit and her parents (solved that merrick/goldenstar & goldenstar/merrick issue for you!)
I heard one of your listeners ask about the mac version. Here’s my 2 cents.
- The crossover solution is about as easy as it gets (not completely straightforward – make sure you read all the faqs on the crossover site) and it runs fine with just a couple of tweaks. I have to turn off hardware vertex shading to get it to work.
- The one from fileplanet is legitimate, but on my machine it does wig out since I cannot figure out how to turn off the vertex shading with that version… (hey guys, one of your listeners knows how, let me know)
Both options use the same Pylotro thingy (no idea what the official term is) which is community maintained so don’t expect a perfect system..
Also don’t be alarmed when you first login and the ground is either jet black or looks like a disco ball – it’ll fix itself one you travel a short distance and load some new textures.
By far the smoothest option is using bootcamp, but then you need to restart into the PC side and that’s annoying.
On the upside this will run smooth on even low end machines like our ’09 mac mini – whereas it will run terribly on the mac side under crossover etc… You’ll need a beefier machine (or video card) to handle it running just OK on the mac side, presumably because of the extra layer of ‘stuff’ that makes it run.
Also have not figured out how to get CTRL and other PC keys to translate through crossover properly..
Enjoy the show (do people ever write in to say they hate it???)
Eckee of Brandywine
Kin: Knights who say ni!
Thank you to the following folks for their reviews and donations to CSTM!
We encourage you to participate in our show! Email us or leave a voicemail with your questions, comments or suggestions. Let us know what you’d like to hear!
You can also interact with us or just get our updates through various subscription/following services that we actively post to.