Living in Annuminàs

October 24, 2011

General

Living in Middle-Earth is a new column about non-playable character’s homes in Lotro. Each week we’ll discover a new location with a distinctive way of life and decoration style, looking at the little details we often pass by. First on my list of places to visit is the wonderful city of Annuminàs. Ok, not exactly ‘’in’’ the city, since it’s currently crawling with bandits and vermin, but in the suburbs aka Tinnundir.

That my friend, is how we used to make doors in Eriador. Massive and beautiful work of iron, low level handles, proudly displaying the stars of Annuminàs. ScreenShot00001

Those decorations are found both in the entrance halls and the gardens of the city so I guess there’s pretty important. It’s pretty and shinny but seriously, what is it? A boat, a moon crescent or a spear head? Go find out…ScreenShot00000

I totally dig this rug. Why are they giving us the –ahem- ‘’unique’’ purple and bright yellow design I don’t know. But I want this one instead, uh. ScreenShot00003

Now look at that, a pretty dining set. I’m totally annoyed that we get to have the table in our home (supposedly designed by dwarves?!) but not the chairs. ScreenShot00005

The chairs are way too amazing, look at the details!ScreenShot00007

Ok, that tapestry, we have. Just in a new format. Maybe I could give them mine? Theirs look a bit aged…ScreenShot00006

And can I say the mason who worked on the wall did a pretty good carving job!

Thank you for touring the relics of Annuminàs with me, next week, we’ll take a look at Lossoth’s homes!

, , , ,

26 Responses to “Living in Annuminàs”

1. Cosmetic Lotro Says:

Absolutely love this column! Great initiative and superb eye for detail. Thank you Kia! Looking foward to the next installment!

2. Caelas Says:

Nice idea for a new subject… I am curious for Esteldin… imagine it is a harsh, almost Western kind of town trying to survive in hostile surroundings and i have more than once wondered what it would be living there ;)

3. Gotik Says:

Very original topic, loved it! Looking forward to the next one :-)

It wouldnt matter if we had the chairs to go with the table, according to the stupid hook system, it would park the chairs all the way on the side of the room, far from the table… or even better yet… off kilter dead set in the middle with the table who knows where.

I love this article though, there are so many beautiful furnishings in the game… have you seen all those lovely tapestries thru out the game? :)

5. Adhrean Says:

Evendim and Annuminàs are my favorite places in the game, due to it’s sheer beauty. Often a time when I’m questing there, I find myself looking around at the details of the artwork around me and completely ignore the Angmarim that’s slicing my morale away.

6. Atzumo Says:

As of right now, I’m loving this column, as I play the game mainly for the lore, it’s nice to see all the details (big and small) that the developers and designers put into it – Before the newest areas that’s it.

7. Sheherezi Says:

I love this new column! There’s so much I haven’t yet seen and this way I can already things I can look forward to! Thanks for sharing all the magnificent details. You have a keen eye for it :)

8. Baranwen Says:

Good idea for a column theme! Looking forward to the next ones.
    Although I love to dwell in Evendim, I wouldn’t live in Annuminas. Maybe its too big for me. Well, Im not the queen of Arnor and Gondor after all.

9. Fredelas Says:

This is an awesome new column. I just went through Evendim last month and was thinking, the castle on Tinnudir would make an excellent location for some roleplaying.

10. Avatar of Goldenstar
    Goldenstar Says:

Awesome post :D The citizens of Middle Earth sure do have interesting homes, and this is a great look at them. Can’t wait to read more (next week are the super cool Lossoth, yay)!

11. Kiarane Says:

Thank you very much for the comments! As a returning author to Cstm, I really appreciate any feedback, even more when it’s positive :P Thanks for encouraging me in continuing this column!

12. Zide Says:

One of my greatest dreams for LOTRO is that near the end, we can mount a full scale assault on Annuminas, and permanently capture it for the freeps. Really recapture it for the King.

But that’s just the RPer in my coming out.

13. Beorthain Says:

this is a great idea for a column. i had a similar idea for a forums post once. i went around taking screen shots of anything i found that i thought should be a housing item. the problem is i’m too lazy too put it all together. and now i don’t have to :)

ps i’m sure you already thought of it but T. Bombadils house is amazing.

14. Garadal Says:

Great idea! It’s easy to run past stuff like this in search of the next quest location. So thanks for bringing this to our attention.

15. Narnian of Vilya Says:

The boat and flowing water motif are probably a tribute to the Men of Westernesse. I don’t know what the significance of the seven stars is.. perhaps there’s something in the Silmarillion about it.

Evendim/Annuminas is awesome. The throne room is truly fit for the King of the Reunited Kingdom!

16. Stormwaltz Says:

I’m positive the crescent object statues represent the ships Elendil used to escape the wreck of Numenor. Look at the tapestry all the way on the bottom of this page:

The same design! :)

As for the seven stars on the banner; “The standard of Elendil was the White Tree Nimloth with seven stars above it (representing each of the stars on the banners from the seven of the nine ships that escaped the destruction of Númenor that carried the palantíri)”

17. Robert Says:

It’s ‘Annúminas’.

18. TiranBlade Says:

Very nice, love this article, can’t wait for more to come!

19. Limm Says:

Great post! And great idea for a column! Can’t wait to read the next installment. :)

20. RannaDylin (Lennidhren) Says:

What a great new series! I very much enjoyed this post. Annuminas always reminds me a bit of Rome…grandeur, fallen to ruin…I would love to live there! (either of them!)

21. Aulesin Says:

great, look forward to more :)

22. Geldarion Says:

I loved this, Kia! I sometimes get too caught up in the “mmo-ness” of the game, trying to get gear and get leveled, that I sometimes forget why I fell in love with it in the first place: the extraordinary attention to detail the devs had. Looking forward to the next post!

23. Isiladan Says:

The boats represent the three ships in which Elendil, Isildur, and Anarion, escaped the downfall of Numenor (Westerness). The seven stars represent the seven seeing stones, or palantir, Elendil brought from Numenor. Elendil was the first High King of Arnor and Gondor, his capital was Annuminas in Evendim. Elendil was also a relative of Ar-Pharazon, the last knig of Numenor. Isildur and Anarion were his sons, and ruled Gondor jointly in his name. Arnor is the ancient kingdom (former) of the men of the West and is comprised of most of Eriador.

Isiladan

1. Episode 112: You Don't Know Falcor?? | Casual Stroll to Mordor - November 8, 2011

[...] New NPC Housing Series from Kia [...]