Welcome to Pineleaf’s Pictorial Primer to Skirmishing. In this series, we will look at each of the skirmishes you can run in The Lord of the Rings Online™.
We will look at each skirmish in turn, including its scenario, layout, mobs, bosses, and encounters. We will also take a look at general aspects of skirmishes in the various appendices.
I will not be discussing strategy much, as that can vary based on your class and playing style. Any recommendations I make will be from the point-of-view of a hobbit warden. During my skirmishing runs, I will generally be accompanied by either a bannerguard or an archer.
All primers are available in PDF format for easy downloading, referencing or printing.
- Volume 1: Trouble in Tuckborough
- Volume 2: Siege of Gondamon
- Volume 3: Stand at Amon Sul
- Volume 4: Thievery and Mischief
- Volume 5: Defence of the Prancing Pony
- Volume 6: Ford of Bruinen
- Volume 7: Survival Barrow Downs
- Volume 8: Battle of the Deep-way
- Volume 9: Battle of the Way of Smiths
- Volume 10: Battle of the 21st Hall
- Volume 11: Attack at Dawn
- Volume 12: Icy Crevasse
- Volume 13: Strike Against Dannenglor
- Volume 14: Protectors of Thangulhad
- Volume 15: Breaching the Necromancers Gate
- Volume 16: Assault on the Ringwraiths’ Lair
- Volume 17: The Battle in the Tower
- Volume 18: Rescue at Nurz Ghashu
May your shield protect you and your spear never break.
Follow my skirmishing misadventures in Spear and Skirmish at http://my.lotro.com/raleyd/ or see my articles on playing skirmishes with the different classes here at CSTM!