We have a wonderful opportunity for you to win some Turbine Points! Thaladus has offered up a Turbine Points he’s purchased himself just for you to create a great LOTRO video.
This will be a Lotro in-game video montage with the theme of “I am a Rockstar”. The rest of the story is up to you to show us in a original video. Entrees may be serious or funny. We mostly want to see creativity!
There are many methods for capturing and editing video game footage and we really don’t have any requirements you must follow for creating your commercial. Use whatever you feel comfortable with. So long as we can watch your end product and it meets our rules below, we are satisfied.
If you are not sure where to start here are some links that may help:
- Our post series “Records of Battle” covers using Fraps or Xfire as recording options.
- Other recording options:
- Windows Movie Maker is a free movie editing tool that you may want to look into if you do not already own editing software.
Here are the rules Thaladus has set for this giveaway:
- Your video must portray the “I am a Rockstar” theme.
- You may have up and not exceeding a 10 second intro (I will accept video clips from Fantasy movies (Dungeons and Dragons, Dragonslayer, Lord of the Rings, Conan, etc.)
- You must have a 10 second hover over your character’s vitals before you begin your video. (You must hover over your character picture (in-world) or power/morale bars before beginning your choreograph), this is a fail-safe. Failure to provide this will result in instant disqualification of your video.
- You must credit the song name and creator either before or after the video (at the end), and crediting yourself of course for your work in the project, self-pimps are nice.
- No voice chats. Chat bubbles are allowed, emotes will help a great deal.
- You may organize a gathering of people to help you accomplish your video, but they will not receive any share or stake in the prize. Your account, your video.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified, I have methods for detecting this.
- I reserve the right to place a limit on the number of entries to the contest. I will be reviewing most of these myself to keep this unbiased and impartial to the winner.
- Videos must be in H.264/MP-4 video format and have a resolution no less than 480p and no more than 720p. This will keep the file sizes small for a 3-4 minute video. FLV files will be rejected.
- Your video must be received by February 17, 2012, 11:59 EDT (-4 GMT)
- Grand Prize winner: 2,500 Turbine Points Code
- Runner-up: 1,500 Turbine Points Code
How to Enter
If your video is less than 5MB email it to us at email@example.com, however you will most likely need to use a service called Dropsend.com. Dropsend.com is a free and easy tool that will allow you to send files up to 2GB in size.
Send all videos or Dropsend links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Winners Are Selected
Thaladus will be selecting the winner and runner up from the videos submitted. Winners will be uploaded to the CSTM YouTube channel for all to enjoy!