Bullroarer Release Notes 6.1

April 10, 2012

LOTRO News

The release notes for update 6.1 have been released for the Bullroarer server. This is the public test server. Items in this list are not on the live servers and are subject to change.

This appears to have a great number of class fixes that were reported with Update 6 including a lengthy list of updates for the Warden.

An interesting addition is a player request item that made it into the patch notes. This change will mark new items to your inventory as a new item. This could be very handy for people like me who’s bags are almost always full but wanted to get a closer look or want to equip the item they had just picked up but have no idea where it landed in my bags. A great idea that I look forward to trying out.

Read about this patch yourself!

, ,

20 Responses to “Bullroarer Release Notes 6.1”

1. Pointy Says:

ROFL “Addressed an issue. The issue very politely addressed us back. This matter is now closed.”

2. Eiloness Says:

:D

3. Rinvan Says:

Good to see they fixed the size of the swan fountain. It was kind of strange they you get it as a quest reward but couldn’t use it unless of course you happened to be a kin leader.

4. Cerridan of Firefoot Says:

Still no word on a Draigoch fix once and for all…

• Elevyr Says:

I would imagine it’s incredibly hard to track down, let alone fix. Draigoch’s AI is a rather complex one, and the bug isn’t even clearly replicatable.

• Brainslug Says:

Once the level cap raises to lvl 85, there will be a replacement for the draigoch cloak as well and nobody will bother paying the old dragon a visit anymore.

=> Problem solved

Vræden Says:

Considering all of the time, energy and general back-patting that went into making the Draigoch raid, when they raise the level cap, they’ll probably make that scaleable with new/better rewards coming if you run it at level 85.

I can’t see them just letting it rot on the vine like the Turtle.

• Tony Says:

I don’t know, I’ve been worried about all of that myself… They introduced scaling to instances, yet then released unscaleable instances after that. You would have thought they’d have made any new instance after that scaleable by default, but they did not…

I wish I could assume they have done that with the new instances, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Andy Says:

From the podcasts Merrick seems to be a factor in the draigoch bug, maybe turbine could hire him as a tank for inhouse raids until it’s fixed.

See they’re admitting that gamblebox loot tables had been borked somehow, without actually coming out and saying that previous statements to the contrary were untrue.

• Thorcar Says:

It will still be an easy way to get a bunch of seals (assuming he doesn’t go brain dead). Hopefully they will scale it because at 75, we already have to slow down our DPS at times to make sure we get all the CJs in. At 85, it will be really tough to get them all in. Maybe instead of scaling it, they can make only 75 and 85 levels of the run.

5. Avatar of Vræden
    Vræden Says:

One thing I would like to see in the roll-over tool tip is a comparison of a new piece of gear relative to what you have equipped and how your stats will be affected. Yes, this is a direct rip-off from a feature in SWTOR, but it would be nice to pick up a sword and see if it’s actually better or worse than what you currently have.

• Tony Says:

I’d love to see this too.

Another thing that would be really nice to just take from SWTOR would be how it displays your group’s quests on the map. You can hover over an area where a quest takes place and it’ll instantly tell you who in your group has it and what they still need to do. There’s no need to go into the quest log and attempt to figure it out.

That was a really nice feature in SWTOR, I thought.

• Pointy Says:

I agree with both of these. I tried SW:TOR and really liked the ‘equipping this item would make these changes’ thing and the ‘oh look, here’s where a group member has a quest’ thing. Those are both nice touches that would add to the game.

6. Andy Says:

That swtor feature was a rippoff from one of the many addons in wow for gear comparison, Would be very handy to have ingame, Although it might struggle with new gear if it took the info from the lorebook data. Closest to an addon I’ve found is pen and paper.

My mini’s wearing 3 or 4 great river crafted bits and appears to be missing kit in the lorebook entry due to the stuff not existing there. Couple of the rep items dont always appear either which is kind of annoying when I’m on crafters looking at possible crafted options to upgrade.

• mrtoad Says:

“swtor feature was a rippoff from one of the many addons in wow for gear comparison” — Which in turn was ripped off of many computer RPGs of the past 15 years. :)

Vræden Says:

It seems that SWTOR’s general development approach was of the “Find out what works and do that; Find out what sucks and don’t do that” school.

While the game has some (glaring) deficiencies (which I will probably write about ad nauseum one day), they seem to have copied many of the best parts of other games.

I know there are some LOTRO players who detest WoW/EQ2/Rift/[Fill in other game of choice here], but it would behoove Turbine to copy elements from other games that work.

• Andy Says:

There’s a lot of the wow content that started life as an addon and worked it’s way into the blizz side of the game. Personally I see no issue if people copy/borrow/adapt things that work for one game to use in another title, unless it becomes a boring carbon copy.

It’s very often the players that see an actual need for something, like inventory or auction mods and end up producing something better than the devs would come up with. And of course you sometimes end up with blights on gaming communities like gearscore.

One game feature I loved about GW was the skills that morphed for pvp instead of being nerfed for pve. Not enough titles do that and I really wish they would consider it for games that do have an obvious split between pve and pvp.

7. scott Says:

Update 6.1 release date? is it with Anniversay start date april 16th?