Double Bonus Points Through May 28th

May 21, 2012

LOTRO Store

Starting today until May 28, 2012 there is a sale on LOTRO Points bundle purchased in the LOTRO Store. They are doubling the bonus points on only the three largest bundle packages.

lotropointschart-last-3-DOUBLEBONUS_en

Here’s the break down of the approximate cost per 100 Turbine Points for each of the bundles1. Values have been rounded to nearest penny.

• $59.99 bundle: $0.68 for 100 Turbine Points
  • $99.99 bundle: $0.63 for 100 Turbine Points
  • $199.99 bundle: $0.60 for 100 Turbine Points

These double points promos are the best value you will find on Turbine Points. It is a pity it is only for their largest packages but if were were saving up to buy a bundle, this is a great sale to catch.

See the official post for details as well links to the prices for our international friends.

1. I am trying this cost / 100 TP rather than cost per point because it’s really difficult when dealing with tenths of pennies. Let me know if this new format is helpful or if you prefer I go back to cost / point.

11 Responses to “Double Bonus Points Through May 28th”

1. GoTiK Says:

I like it this way better, by the 100TP. Thanks!

2. Delvechael Says:

This is a good example of why I check CSTM several times per day – great, timely information. Thank you for the hard work.

Personally, I like your new format of cost/100 TP. It is easier for me to understand.

3. Rinvan Says:

If this is anything like last year, I bet pre-orders for the expansion will began in early June following this bonus points sale. Maybe we can pre-order with TP this time?

• Andy Says:

Last time they didnt down to the store not being able to cope with selling content it didnt have “live” so unless they’ve upgraded the store I doubt it.

The lure of a 6th bag will possibly be greater than the free horse and cosmetics RoI had so will be a good injection of cash for them. My guess is the bag may well be like derudhs stone and hit the store after release but it’s a 6th bag which people have been wanting for a good while now.

4. Lazlo Says:

Has anybody done the math on how many points it takes to buy all the content and necessary whatnots?

5. Dan Says:

I’ve been waiting for a point sale to buy more TP, but now I am disappointed that the sale is only for the largest point packages. I enjoy LOTRO but I am not going to drop $60 all at once to buy points on sale. $20ish dollars is closer to what my budget will allow.

6. Pickles Says:

Might as well introduce a lifetime membership to the in-game store (unlimited and free store purchases) for about 5000 dollars if many people are actually buying such large bundles of TP (joke idea of course).

7. Dagael Says:

I miss the $50 price point. For some reason, $50 seemed reasonable, while $60 seems extravagant. That might just be me, though.

• Pjotr Says:

It’s not just you, Dagael. I felt the same, and the same time wondered why 50$ seems to be some kind of limit with a “do not cross” sign for me.

8. Adam Says:

Something weird in our EU version of the store last night, the $59.99 which is £39.99 GB pounds was listed TWICE, when buying points, once with the double bonus, and once without it, so beware EU players!

(Its also a (k total package for 39.99 but thats because of translation etc)