Official Storm on Methedras Screenshots

May 8, 2012

LOTRO News

Today Turbine has released some official screenshots for the new skirmish coming with Update 7, Storm on the Methedras.

Ascend the treacherous slopes of Methedras at the southern end of the Misty Mountains to confront a foe seeking to bring supernatural forces to bear against Rohan. Take up arms alongside the Rangers to battle Gwyllion, a vile sorceress and ally of Saruman. Storm on Methedras supports groups from one to twelve players, level 70-75, and offers two tiers of difficulty for those who like a bigger challenge.“

u7_skirmish_3897-01 u7_skirmish_3897-03

u7_skirmish_3897-04 u7_skirmish_3897-06

u7_skirmish_3897-07 u7_skirmish_3897-08

u7_skirmish_3897-10 u7_skirmish_3897-11

u7_skirmish_3897-12

See all the new screenshots on Flickr.

, , , ,

28 Responses to “Official Storm on Methedras Screenshots”

1. Avatar of Makhiel
    Makhiel Says:

In addition to the enemies shown here you get to fight Huorns and the rest of Enedwaith Evil forces – Druggavar (actually shown), Cun Annun and Elhudan. And just FYI the rogmul is a not-so-optional encounter, not a regular mook. The Gwiber is the end boss.

• Dan Says:

Do the mobs count for any Enedwaith slayer deeds, then? And do you get rep as well as XP??

Makhiel Says:

Not for Enedwaith, no. Methedras is in Dunland and the creatures count for the Dunland deeds as well. Haven’t gotten any rep at the end as far as I remember.

2. Tony Says:

Maybe I’ve just never seen it, but is that big horned guy a new model? It’s *somewhat* similar to snowbeasts, but definitely different.

I’m really excited about that if so — we haven’t seen any genuinely new types in a while aside from the Avanc.

• Pjotr Says:

The ‘horned guy’ already appeared in a quest in Enedwaith.

• LOTRO_Fanatik Says:

The floating horned guy also looks suspiciously like the major boss, Gaergoth, from the Ettenmoors’ Delving of Fror. Maybe the let him out once in awhile?

• Felaros Says:

It is a Rogmul and in addition to the Delving they can be found as the last boss of Barad Guluran, various in the Foundation of Stone most notably 2.6.8 A New Devilry, and probably a number of other places.

• HALLAGON Says:

He is also in an instance along the Mines of Moria Storyline in either book 7 or book 8 where u enter the depths of the “foundations of stone.”

3. Alexandra & Bogdan Epureanu Says:

They look pretty neat; we think we’ll love the new skirmish. :)

4. Veassen Says:

Is this the first time Uduniun has been reused? Cause I really like that model, and never run Barad Gularan enough.

• Madmickel Says:

@Veassen
      Think these kind of creatures are called “Rogmul” (see lorebook for further information and in google pic search you can find some awesome pictures!). As far as I know the model has been used in some different locations later (moria etc.), but at the moment I can’t remember where exactly ^^°

Makhiel Says:

There’s like six of them in the New Devilry instance in Moria (Vol II Book 6), there’s one in the Rift skirmish, one in the Delving of Frór in Ettenmoors and someone above mentioned Halls of Night where I haven’t been.

Still, Udúnion is the best: BUUUUUURRRNNN! :)

5. Rinvan Says:

I ran the skirmish solo on Bullroarer, I wonder if there are any nice loot drops on the raid setting? Nobody has posted a loot table on the forums yet to my knowledge.

• Madmickel Says:

I think it depends on what kind nice shiny items will drop there if the player shall use the new skirmish a lot… I predict (/me is not on bullroarer!) that new jewellery will be implemented with this raid with stunning good quality / properties. Without good loot, most people would play it only once to check it out (my assumption)

6. Thurinphir Says:

I’m confused…why is there red smoke? has Turbine decided to launch an artillery barrage on the enemy?

Makhiel Says:

The smoke comes from the witch’s cauldron, based on my experience I’d say she’s brewing Aluminium and Iodine (google the videos). ;)

There’s plenty more of this kind of smoke in Lich Bluffs in Enedwaith.

• Thurinphir Says:

Ah, I haven’t had much experience with Enedwaith, thanks

cauldrons make more sense than SPGs (Self Propelled Guns)

Pineleaf Says:

The red smoke is coming from a cauldron of boiling blood.

7. Caff Says:

Has there been any word as to whether this will join an existing campaign of skirms, or if a new campaign is being created for this skirm (to which other future skirms will presumably be added)? That would help answer the loot table question if it’s joining an existing skirm campaign.

• Bryandt Says:

I’m not certain, but I think they’ve pretty well abandoned the “campaign” idea with the Mark/Medaillion/Seal revision for Skirmish rewards. After all, there are no campaign marks to collect anymore, so the idea of lumping skirmishes into campaigns is pretty pointless.

• Tony Says:

The campaigns still seem to matter for larger skirmish runs (raids, in particular)… At the end when you open the loot chest, what can be in it is from a loot table based on the campaign the skirmish is in.

8. hoolygen Says:

Me likey :)

meh, other than the dragon it looks kinda like more of the same o same o