Pineleaf Prepares for Rohan

June 5, 2012

General, Skirmish Guides

When pre-orders opened for Rohan, I naturally decided to check out the new soldier appearances.

First, I need to clear up one confusing matter in the pre-order information. The soldier may be used in any place where a soldier is allowed. I have no idea why the ad emphasizes landscape use since few people use a soldier on the landscape.

When you open the box containing the items, you receive four skirmish soldier attributes (as usual, you need to use the document for each to learn the trait): two are for the soldier appearances and two are for the warrior outfits (the outfit can be used on any soldier type – not just a warrior).

The first few screen shots are from the housing area, since they have a skirmish bard and you can summon a soldier there at no charge.

First there is the basic male appearance for my archer:

Pineleaf - Rohan Male Soldier 1

Now the make warrior appearance:

Pineleaf - Rohan Male Soldier 2

The basic female soldier appearance:

Pineleaf - Rohan Female Soldier 1
The female warrior appearance:

Pineleaf - Rohan Female Soldier 2

Finally, here is a shot of me fighting along side with my soldier in the Way of Smiths:

Pineleaf - Rohan Soldier in Skirmish
One other item not related to skirmishes: the horse deed includes a session play as the war horse. The horse is a bit sturdier than a chicken.

Pineleaf - Horse Session Play

May your shield protect you and your spear never break,

Pineleaf Needles

11 Responses to “Pineleaf Prepares for Rohan”

1. Atheron of Elendilmir Says:

Thanks for the screenshots… can we get some closeups during daylight hours too?

2. Kiralynn Says:

Can you tell us more about the “horse deed”? Thank you!

Goldenstar Says:

The horse deed appears to be one of the Legendary Edition exclusive content. A deed is added called “An Unusual Arrival” that talks about the new horse in Combe. We think this deed is the key to unlocking the quest. We’ve only confirmed that a Legendary Edition has it and a non-preorder does not have access.

For the deed itself, you must complete repeatable horse quests 60 times to complete the deed and get the cloak and title. The first time through you do 7 initial quests and then 2 dailies. From then on you have 2 dailies to do. There appear to be 8 repeatable quests total that rotate.

There is another deed for doing each of the 9 total quests one time each. I don’t know what the reward for that one is. Sorry.

3. Elahedor Says:

There are two deeds:

Discovering the Descendent
    This deed requires you to complete 9 specific quests. The chain starts in Combed and leads to Hengstacer’s Farm. Most of the quests ate granted by Eogar.

Horsing Around
    This deed requires you to complete 60 quests involving the mysterious horse. The quests are the same as for Discovering the Descendent deed.

It appears the Eogar gives only 2 of the possible 9 quests each day. The quests are chosen randomly and reset at 3am EST.

4. Kiralynn Says:

I have confirmed with Turbine that the deeds are available with the Legendary edition but do not require pre-order.

• Ulrika Says:

Oh. Then I’ll definitely wait for a sale. The pre-order really doesn’t tempt me much at all, and especially not the Legendary edition. I’d rather buy the Heroic edition for the Quest Packs then.

5. Zyngor Says:

*elderly lady sticks head off porch, yelling* “Hey, what’s up with all this horse play? Keep it down!”

The soldier appearances are pretty neat, and horse session play seems interesting, but neither are really a reason for me to rush and get the legendary edition. Thanks for sharing these, though – I can’t wait to hear more!

6. irot Says:

I really like your closing words, “May your shield protect you and your spear never break” (if you ever see this comment..)

1. Riders of Rohan Turbine Store Pricing | Casual Stroll to Mordor - June 5, 2012

[...] Rohirrim Skinned Soldier on Landscape: 295 TP [...]