In an interesting move Turbine has released a video Developer Diary (something we haven’t seen in a while) in which several different people speak about the development and implementation of the system.
Some of the information from the video includes:
- War-steeds will allow players to build up momentum which will allow for skills to be more effective and cause more damage.
- Mounted combat will be much more movement based than traditional combat.
- Some players may stay closer to the target to gain aggro or corral the targets
- Others may flank or break away from the targets to perform different skills
- Some of the new abilities are charges which will make the mount go to its maximum speed or stop completely at a very quick pace.
- Mounted combat is not instanced (at this point) so players will be running into one another
I have to say that the presentation of this video was excellent and mounted combat seems more and more incredible as information keeps being released!