Player Achievements for the Week

October 12, 2012

Player Achievements

Each week we ask you to share your successes in Middle Earth with the rest of the community. Post a comment letting us know what you’ve accomplished this past week.

We will pick comments at random to read on the podcast giving you a chance for a little shout out for yourself! Our shout-outs are only as good as the information we get so remember:

• Don’t forget to add your character name, what server you play on and, if you like, add your Kinship if you have one.
  • Please keep your posts brief. We won’t be able to read full novels of your adventures. At least make it so we can easily sum it up!
  • Do not be afraid to post any of your achievements. We don’t care if you just saved Archet or cleared out the Tower of Orthanc. We want to hear from you!

These shout outs will appear in tomorrow’s recording of A Casual Stroll to Mordor Podcast. You are welcome to join us live at 9:30pm Eastern on Saturday! First time joining us live? See our post on how to join CSTM’s live broadcast.

Comments for this thread will be closed after recording as this is a weekly thing. If you missed this week’s cut off, don’t fret! A new thread just like this one will appear next Friday.

14 Responses to “Player Achievements for the Week”

1. Gareth Palmer Says:

Yayness, Bandolin, my Warden on Evernight, dinged to 75 on tuesday. He joins my Champion, Captain, Loremaster and Minstrel at the cap all champing at the bit for Rohan. Now I face the problem of choosing which character to take through first.

Bravd (Evernight)

2. Ivaneus Says:

Yesterday (aka Thursday) after much questing, fighting, toil, and sweat. Ivabeus the Captain, a the request of Ondor the Dwarve, entered the Circle of Fangs to put an end to the beast known as Manglemaw. Accompanied only by his faithful Squire Bumnburry he soon found himself surrounded by a pack of wargs and a Goblin. They struck down all who entered that ring and left victoriuos. Upon returning to Ondor to report that the deed was done Ivaneus was christened as level seventy-five. He then traded in his Diplomatic Immunity, the axe that had served him since coming out of the forests of Mirkwood, and picked up a new weapon, a Battle-axe of the Second Age known as “The Persuader” and now he sharpens his new blade as he prepares to journey into Rohan . . .

. . . meanwhile in the Ettenmoors.

Taskmaster Ugmog of the White Hand and Sentry Umelkor led a warband in search of the forces of the Free Peoples. After several smaller skirmishes with little achieved, they stumbled upon a trio of hardened Coldfells warriors. A Champion, a Guardian, and a Warden all classes that are notoriously hard to kill.

They fell.

When the Champion was felled Sentry Umelkor was promoted to Chief Guard. When the Guardian was laid low, Taskmaster Ugmog was given the Rank of Lieutenant of the Armies of Gramsfoot and Angmar. And now this new Lieutenant of Sharkey and the forces of darkness also turns his gaze upon the rolling plains of Rohan and begins to contrive his own dark designs for that land . . .

3. Avatar of Azakael
    Azakael Says:

So apparently part of the reason two of my kinnies bailed was they are 20 levels behind everyone else and don’t want to be baby-sat by the higher levels. So with that in mind, and back on Nimrodel:
    Athecael (ah – the – KYLE) – Level… uh… 50ish… Rune-Keeper is currently freezeing his elven butt off in Suri-Kyla. Forchel is a beautiful zone, especially at night, but the questing can be a pain in the patookas. Thankfully he nears the end of his questing time in that frozen wasteland and can soon go question in the warm fields of Eregion.

Azakael Says:

Whoops. I should likely elaborate how my RK ties into my kinnies there.
      Since I am a member of AA (Altoholics Anonymous) I had characters in almost every level range band at this point, so in order to go questing on level with them, I am bringing my RK up to their level. At which point we’ll be a party of squishies. RK, Minnie and Burg. You know it will be scary when the burg is the tank…

• LilyRose of Gladden Says:

Good for you-I have a range of alts as well-try to keep them spread out so I can take them out to help on level.

Course, then I have to remember how to play all the classes, heaven help us. :p

Azakael Says:

Thankfully the RK is simple. Stone, then pew pew. Trait Steady Hands in case the minnie gets in trouble with healing.
          Though a new RK round-table after RoR comes out would be appreciated… ::looks at the hosts with puppy-dog eyes::

4. LilyRose of Gladden Says:

It’s been a very, very big week for the
    Rangers of the West on Gladden server.

Last Saturday night, we had our weekly Draigoch run. We’ve gotten pretty good at downing that dragon, and Miss LilyRose got the helmet token.

But even better,we now have an enormous dragon guarding the kinhouse. Our elf sentry’s gonna get a complex…

Then the focus this week has been prep for our server event this Sunday, Rippling Manes and Tailfeathers. We’ve lined up guest judges (Nathrien of Material Middle Earth, and Ely of Pony Lovers Anonymous blogs) and prizes and are racking our wardrobes deciding what we (and our horses, Rohan, after all) shall wear.

I’ve been a very frantic hobbit, and I can’t wait for Rohan to drop finally! More very well dressed adventures await.

5. Kazren Says:

Greetings. I’ve been polishing my level 75′s so now my Mini and Champ have either all or mostly all of the Draigoch armor. I’ve also gotten my Capt to 60. Continuing to skirmish relentlessly on the Champ and the Capt to earn more seals and medallions to get even more good gear. Pineleaf would be proud of me!

Have a wonderful week as Rohan opens to us on Monday. I plan on crossing the borders Monday morning with my Mini, RK and Champ.

6. Tosaf Says:

After much adventure, Sildo finally achieved notoriety as a burglar, (hit 75). He joins his colleagues, Tosaf the Gaurdian, Beornling the Loremaster, Elstaran the Hunter, Fardo the Minstrel, Gildaldor the Warden and Eldbryt the Captian. Fardo has been working on getting ready for the next stage of his adventures into Rohan.

7. Siqua of Landroval Says:

An abstract for the podcast:

This week captain Siqua of Landroval completed Volume I, Book 2, all the Lone-lands regional quests, and reached Kindred with the Eglain. Unable to find a group to tackle the Garth Agarwen instances, Siqua journeyed to the North Downs where he rallied elves, dwarves, and men to the defense of the North Downs and completed Volume I, Book 3. He also went to Oatbarton, ran errands for lazy hobbits, achieved Kindred with the Mathom Society, and received my current favorite title in the game.

Siqua, Servant of Process, Gurth an Glamhoth kinship

############
    Here’s the complete version:

It’s been a quiet week in Landroval, my home town, out on the edge of the wilds.

Harvestmath is still in full swing as the free peoples are enjoying the fruits of their harvest in a preparation for what promises to be a long winter. I stopped over near Hobbiton on my way to Oatbarton to see the reported “haunted” burrow, but, as I was in something of a hurry, I ended up just making the rounds with my friends in the Inn League instead.

The week started with on of those ranger-guys sending me to help out some other ranger who was lounging near Weathertop. He said he was wounded, but I think he was just loafing. However rather than immediately riding off like a sensible person, I did his dirty work and dispatched goblins, orcs, half-orcs, spiders, pigs, wolves, and pretty much any other nasties that crossed my path all the way to the Last Bridge. These rangers still blame me for that nutzo Amdir and his killing spree and that’s why they keep trying to get me killed.

The rangers even sent me to talk with an old kook called Radagast. I don’t know why, but I went along with the crazy old wizard, broke through the gates of Agamaur, and killed scores of walking trees and dead people while he “talked” to the local rabbits and squirrels.

Once Agamaur was secured, I ran some errands for the Eglain who are a dour, downbeat, people, but they seem marginally saner than the rangers even if they do adore the rabbit-loving, and clearly nuts, Radagast. In return they proclaimed me a member of their tribe. Not that it’s a paying job, but they do make decent oatmeal. And it was the oatmeal that caused the Eglain to sent me back to Oatbarton in the Shire to secure more oats. Instead of a straightforward business deal I was confronted with a bunch of lazy farmers that stood around while I did their errands. North of Oatbarton, I did some contract work for some dispossessed glass-blowers and ended up serving legal-papers to a bunch of bandits at swordpoint.

It was about this time that I got word from Trestlebridge that they needed help so I decamped to the North Downs in the hope of getting clear of those rangers before they finally figure out some way to get me killed. Unfortunately, in the process of putting a dent in the orc horde besieging Trestlebridge, I found out that the North Downs are simply poxy with those pesky rangers. They even have some sort of “secret” ranger city there called Ethyldin, Esterdin, or Esteldin or some such. I don’t know how much of a secret it can be though. Three crafting guilds seem to be headquartered there and there is so much traffic in and out that even a blind, drunk, and half-witted orc could follow the hoofprints leading to the place.

What followed seemed to be of a piece with everything that has gone before. The rangers kept trying to get me killed, but failed. In the end they declared “victory” and sent me off to talk to their leader. I wonder in what creative way this Arrowroot son of Arrowshirt guy is going to try to kill me? Maybe he’ll send me to fight a giant poisonous turtle? Naw, that would be too silly even for a ranger.

8. Damglin Says:

Last week I got my Warden up to level 56 and my Captain finished his level 45 class quest and finally got IDOME! Finally ready to get out of Angmar and start my way through Eregion.

Damglin of Light From Shadow on Meneldor

9. Thurinphir Says:

Zagrush Zergrush, War-boss (Reaver of the Minions of Mordor, Riddermark) hit rank 2.5! he was recently rank 0! had some great fights and the Tribe leader, Raambokc is back

Aslaron Thurinphir, Extra (Champion of Landroval, kinless) Attended the Fellowship Walk – Weathertop to The Last Bridge, /boast-ing and throwing his flower-petals around! (I get so exited when I see Goldenstar, Meric, Pineleaf, Vraeden, etc. XD) Acquired knowledge of a free Lonely Mountain Band album full of ABCs for LOTRO!!!

Mrweird Weirdo, Tutor (Minstrel of the Footsteps of Doom, Crickhollow) only has 2 henstacer quests left for his horse-heal, ‘Bedbugs Bite’ and ‘Every Last Drop’, after he gains them, he will head in to Rohan

Haven’t touched my Riddermark-freeps much…

watched a Balrog 3-man video (by the wonderful Saelyth Amarthiel)
    -Grakagash of Mordor

(Summary; Thurinphir had a good week)

10. Lhinnthel Says:

I am excited to say that Lhinnthel (45 Elf Hunter on Landroval) is so fortunate to be on the Argent Riding Formation Team from the Windy Acres Riding Club. This past Monday, along with her team captain Craicwyth and other teammates Lifebringer and Caiyyd, Our team successfully completed our very first public performance at a special edition of Ales & Tales (tails). Without our amazing leader and teacher, Kiralynn, none of this would have been possible. It was an amazing feeling being able to show everyone what we have been practicing for so long. I cannot wait to start working on our next routine!