Riders of Rohan is less than two weeks away! While some might think that nothing is left to do but to wait for the fight on the plains, we believe that on the contrary, there is much that needs to be done before going to battle! Here are our ideas on how you can get prepared for the release of the upcoming expansion in LOTRO:
The Golden Rule: Read the patch notes.
Know what will disappear or be added! This might be your last chance to get that special piece of equipment you’d like to have as a cosmetic! You’ll also be better prepared to know what mats will become important or if there’s a special profession you might want to level right away.
Before the raise of level cap.
- Right before launch day, do as many dailies as you can, but don’t turn them in! When the level cap increases, you’ll have a nice bunch of experience from turning in these quests. Seek the dailies in Great River first as it is the current end game zone but don’t forget other dailies from other zones as well!
- Decide which characters you will want to level and equip them coherently for leveling: That usually translates to more burst DPS! For example, a very well geared healing minstrel might want to get a decent war-speech set to make leveling easier. Don’t forget there will be open tapping to allow you to work with your fellow players!
- Get your virtues leveled up. Currently set to 14, the new level cap is expected to also raise the virtue cap to 16.
- Complete the westfold tier of your crafting professions. Be ready to start working on the new crafting tier as soon as it arrives instead of running after old mats!
- Crafting guild crests for crafting guild reputation. You will need 60,000 guild reputation for the new tier of crafting in Rohan.
Clean that vault
- Convert most goods into money. Sell everything you can on the AH, especially rare end-game materials that will become obsolete. Try to sell those as soon as possible to minimize their loss of value.
- Keep normal westfold crafting material: If you can, sell those some time after the expansion comes out. People will want to buy their way out of westfold master instead of slowly grinding materials like you did!
- Turbine Points. You’ll be able to acquire those nice new cosmetic and maybe even buy the new expansion. Playing your favorite game and earn points that will save you real money? Yes please! Here’s a great list of deeds to get you started.
- Marks/Medallions/Seals. You never know what goodies you’ll be able to buy! Be the first to get your hands on that special cosmetic item, that decent leveling gear or to upgrade your soldier’s skills to the new level cap.
Complete that epic quest line you’ve been pulling off for so long! A great way to discover a region and its lore is to be up to date with the epic quest line and get straight into the action. All LOTRO players will agree, you’ll get more of your gaming experience if you follow the epic quests!
Exclusive Rohan Content
You one of the legendary purchasers for Riders of Rohan? You could be working on the daily quests at Hengstacer’s Farm to complete the Discovering the Descendant daily quests.
The end result of these quests is a new skill “Favor of the Mearas”. It has a one day long cooldown but it is an exclusive skill only the legendary purchasers get so you might as well get it, right?
How about you? What will you do to be prepared for Rohan?