The release notes for Update 9 have been posted for the Bullroarer server and they are a doozie. Just a reminder though, this is the public test server. Items in this list are not on the live servers and are subject to change.
Some of the highlights (with commentaries) include:
- Three new 3-man instances (that we previously discussed) that will scale from level 20-85.
- The Dol Guldur will now scale from level 65 – 85.(Sweet, a good raid to keep me busy when I get to 85.)
- Open Tapping is now world-wide.(Awesome!)
- The second half of the Moria revamp is now complete.(Woohoo! Alt time!)
- New combat revisions have been implemented (This is a mixed bag, but I’m interested in seeing how it affects my characters.)
- Deflections: Mobs that are 4+ levels higher will have the chance to negate incoming attacks.
- “When an induction is now interrupted by an Interruption Skill, the induction will be canceled and the skill will go on cooldown.”
- Swords will now grant a bonus Parry chance instead of a Hit-chance.
- The base miss rate for all classes and pets has been removed; meaning you will not miss against on-level or lower level mobs.
- “To ensure that Induction Setbacks are applied equally to all skills, we are adjusting the policy so that when a player is hit during an induction the induction will be extended by .5s. This penalty is only applied once.”
- Bree and Archet will be getting graphical updates. (I’ll log in just to see these.)
- The use of craft nodes and recipes now grant experiences. (Odd, but cool.)
- The Stable-master system has been altered with a new UI showing all available travel locations. Restrictions will still apply, unless a player uses a “specially made writ” (which will probably be sold in the store).
- You will now see little check marks next to your quests at the quest tracker if your final quest objective is to go talk to an NPC to complete the quest. You should be able to use these check marks to get the option to fast travel back to the Quest NPC. (Holy smokes, that’s awesome.)
- Festival currencies have been unified into a single currency. (Nice!)
- The 3 discipline skills (Red Dawn, Riddermark, and Rohirrim) are now usable outside of Rohan and areas not supporting mounted combat.
- The 20% steed speed buff sold in the LOTRO Store will no longer work on war-steeds. The speed increase is only to affect standard horses & goats. (Awwww)
- Removed the 80 meters distance check on PvMP kill credit. Now grouped players anywhere in the Ettenmoors will receive credit for PvMP kills, in the form of Commendations and/or Infamy/Glory. (PvMP just sounds better and better these days.)
- The original Barad Guldur sets are now available from the Classic skirmish vendors. New level 85 versions, with updated stats and different appearances are also available.
- Players will be unable to use Experience Runes on IA weapons until they have completed all quests in Volume II Book 1.
- Bulk crafting recipes should now be on the Crafting skirmish vendor and on the Eastemnet Miscellany Quartermaster. (Very nice. Everyone should have bulk recipes all the time.)
In my opinion this looks like a really good patch with a lot of nice things coming. It seems that there’s a lot going on and a lot to do. I have to say I’m pretty excited. What about you?