Steed of the Warden Available

December 20, 2012

LOTRO Store

The Steed of the Warden is listed on the store sale page and is currently available in the LOTRO Store until December 31st. The Exclusive Steeds page isn’t listing it quite yet but fear not as Simsim of Eldar has sent us some screenshots of the horse in game! Thank you, Simsim!

Warden Steed 01 Warden Steed 02 Warden Steed 03 Warden Steed 04 Warden Steed 05

War-steed Appearance (red dye applied):
Thanks for the War-steed screenshots Ketani!

warden_ws_2warden_ws_3

warden_ws_1

Far along the borders of the Wild, protecting civilized lands from harm are the prepared Warden. For generations they have been held with high admiration for their swift call to action and their steadfast resolve in protecting the inhabitance of Middle-earth. The Steed of the Warden is outfitted with the bare needs of a patroller. It’s lightly armored in key areas, with enough space for javelins, shields, and provisions.

Store Location: Travel & Housing → Mounts → Store Exclusive
Levels: 5+
1995

This mount is as fast (+68%) and same morale (250 HP) as the previous store exclusive class mounts and other store exclusive mounts and with the same price tag. The steed is a per character purchase so be sure you spend the Turbine Points on the character you want riding this!

Purchasing this steed will also allow you the use of these appearance items for your Warsteed(does not include hide/tail coloring).

If it is just the stats you are looking for there are in-game alternatives. The Elf Ambassador and World Renown horses for example have equal stats but a different look, of course. If it’s the look of the horse you are enamored with, this is your only option.

, , , ,

25 Responses to “Steed of the Warden Available”

1. aaron Says:

A hunter riding the steed of the warden, seems legit. xD

2. Korthe Says:

It’s not completely ugly, but… it’s a bit ‘meh’, isn’t it? Like a half-assed effort. And of course, big surprise, it’s a blonde sorrel again. Sigh.

3. Crell of Riddermark, Vanguard Says:

“with enough space for javelins, shields, and provisions.”.

But you don’t include any javelins as part of the outfit? .. At least not that I see..

There’s a shield however.

4. Daniel Says:

I like it, but I think is not as … fancy as other classes steeds.

• Pakita Says:

Which is good! The rest looks like christmas trees and Christmas is only once a year, so what can you do with them for the rest of the year?

erm…not as bad as some that have come out, but I would have thought the warden steed would have been more epic with more armor. It kinda looks like a hodge podge of accessories like anyone can make with their warsteed regular quest rewards.

6. Miss E Says:

I really like this actually. A lot of the other class steeds are very busy. Sometimes simple is best.

7. Avatar of Vræden
    Vræden Says:

It’s much better than the minstrel steed, which I have yet to see in-game.

• Sigela Says:

My minstrel bought the minstrel steed. It does look horrible as designed on that plug-ugly yellow sorrel. But, on the grey-white warsteed, the armor looks much, much better.

I really wish that Turbine would let us just have cosmetics for mounts period and design our mounts from day one in the saddle. I’d love to design my day-to-day steed to be the same as my war-steed to keep a cohesive look.

As for the Warden steed, it’s meh. I may have to take it into a graphics program and experiment. I have three wardens I’m playing with now but I’m not sure that any of them want this horse. They’ll probably be happier with hunter steeds.

8. Black Llama Says:

Needless to say my Warden is getting one :D

9. Avatar of Longstride
    Longstride Says:

Very disappointed in the Warden Steed… I’ve been saving points for ages and I’m not even going to purchase it.

10. Cambruin Says:

Same sentiment here, fairly lackluster. Doesn’t offer anything ‘unique’ and doesn’t look all that different from things obtainable ingame (which I consider a plus thoughà.

11. Danania Says:

Because I have a passion for horses and because I can. :D

12. Avatar of Simsim
    Simsim Says:

Danania: Nice to see some fellow mount collectors out there. I am also trying to get all the mounts. So far i have got 87/98.

I don’t like the Steed of the Warden as a normal horse, but it may look good as a War Steed.

13. Scooty Says:

Apart from the shield having the notch in it theres nothing that says warden.

Looks like the steed of victory got all the decent barding and this had the scraps from the other class ones.

Bland and not really warden-y

14. Luinori Says:

A TINY little shield that doesn’t look very useful compared to most actual Warden shields, no spears or javelins (you’d THINK they’d have modelled a bunch of javelins, since that’s THE signature Warden weapon)…once again, Turbine failed. *sigh* I’m so glad I stopped worrying about collecting all of the class mounts a long time ago.

15. Avatar of andyb
    andyb Says:

Shields will be splintered… thanks to the size of it lacking any defensive strength.
    Spears will be shaken… until they fall off your horse!

Thanks to the colouring options the shield almost looks as though its part of the barding and they forgot to fill in the other side of the horse.

16. Pakita Says:

I love it!

17. Avatar of Fionnuala
    Fionnuala Says:

Well, it is rather… meh. (A turn of phrase I normally avoid, but it seems appropriate in this case.) I don’t think it’s worth the points, certainly. Ah well.

18. Avatar of Vræden
    Vræden Says:

So far, the only horse I’ve seen that I would be wiling to plunk down $20 on is the Steed of Night, and even then, only if it were account-wide.

19. Black Llama Says:

I am a little sad on this one that the shield/accessories cannot be dyed :( So even with the color change I have an annoying red dinner plate sitting on my steeds rear.

20. Avatar of dtchris
    dtchris Says:

wow I’ve been waiting for the Steed of the Warden and This is what we get? did they just not try given all the stuff they have put into the Update or what? *sighs* well looks like I might not be getting my warden a ‘personalized’ steed.

21. Jozee Wales Says:

I, too, am utterly disappointed in the Warden Steed. Are you kidding me, Turbine?! This looks like yall were leaving for the Christmas break and almost at quitting time someone yells, “we forgot to add the Warden Steed!” so they threw this out and with no javelins or spear. Wow. Total garbage.

1. December Deals: December 28-30, 2012 | Casual Stroll to Mordor - December 27, 2012

[...] champion and warden steed were available but not on [...]