Ketani’s Cosmetics: An Unattended Hobbit in Angmar

January 16, 2013

General

I’ve always been of the opinion that one can never leave a hobbit unattended and expect them to stay out of trouble. This goes doubly so for hobbit minstrels when the person controlling said minstrel decides that right now, in the middle of Angmar is the perfect spot to stop and take some pictures. Of course the local wildlife had to investigate the situation. I managed to get some good pictures out of the deal and I’m reasonably certain that you can’t see the bloodstains on this black robe, so I think it all worked out okay in the end.

angmar_minstrel5

“Hmmm, do you have any hobbit-sized swords? A large dagger, perhaps?”

angmar_minstrel2              angmar_minstrel1

Items used in this outfit:

Head: Elegant Plumed Hat; black dye (store exclusive)
Shoulders: Westfold Campaign Shoulder Pads; yellow dye (crafted tier 7 light armour)
Back: Golden Tree Summer Cloak; black dye (Summer Festival cosmetic)
Chest: Extravagant Festival Robe; black dye (Yule festival quest reward)
Hands: Fingerless Gloves; yellow dye (Yule festival quest reward)
Feet: Rhydhid-Lhopan; black dye (BoE Orthanc Instance drop)

angmar_minstrel7
“Is it safe to get up now?”

No minstrels were irreparably harmed in the making of this post. The wargs were suitably punished for getting blood on the robe, though.

, , , , , , ,

About Ketani

Ketani is CSTM's resident Livestock and Fertilizer expert. When not leveling more captains, she enjoys raiding, crafting, adding new horses to her collection, stomping shrews, betting on hobbit races, exploring haunted burrows, attending plays at the Frostbluff Theatre and tracking down wild cosmetics and making outfits out of them.

15 Responses to “Ketani’s Cosmetics: An Unattended Hobbit in Angmar”

1. Cosmetic Lotro Says:

Awww, so cute! No wonder those wargs tried to eat her :)

2. Avatar of Vræden
    Vræden Says:

Glad to see the wargs got their comeuppance.

I want to thank Ketani for helping me out with a “cosmetic emergency” the oyher day even though it held up her raidmates for a few minutes.

3. Southi Says:

My only question is what is any self respecting hobbit doing wearing shoes? You must have some Stoor blood in you. LOL

Ketani Says:

It’s just a personal preference, honestly. In real life I HATE not having at least socks on my feet, so it’s just weird to me to have a character running around barefoot no matter what the terrain.

Goldenstar Says:

“In real life I HATE not having at least socks on my feet”

I am the exact opposite. I suffer 8 hours a day in an office with socks and shoes on. SUFFER. First thing I take off when I get home is socks and shoes. Baby Hobbit is the same.

• Andy Says:

There’s members of my family convinced I’m half hobbit due to the fact that I’ll happily wander outside, across the gravel drive to feed the birds even when there’s snow on the ground.

• Vanflicke Says:

Same here, About 3 weeks ago, I was shoveling the snow off the concrete slab porch, barefoot, and putting down seed for the cardinal and finches.

4. Strunto Says:

Surprised to see boots on your Hobbit feet!

I love the Extravagent Festival Robe. In fact, I think I’m using all of these pieces in outfits on my various characters. Hadn’t thought to put them all together like this! Works great.

Since we’re on the subject of footwear, though, what’s with Man and Elf characters running around with no shoes? I see it ALL the time, so it seems like more than just a coincidence.

5. Cagney of Landroval Says:

Gotta say, the plumed hat looks awesome.

6. Siqua of Landroval Says:

I’m in awe. Very nice styling.

On a side note: Never understimate hobbitses; they’re tricksy.

One of my hunters duoed most of Angmar with a hobbit burglar, including the fellowship-quests. The fact that we survived some of the things that we did is due to hobbit toughness and the complete awesomesauce that is a well-played burglar and not my pew-pew-pew.

7. Andy Says:

Turns out that the cloak featured here was a lottery prize in the one just past. The gold pattern works fairly well with most colours as well as not being hooded.

8. Belwynne Says:

Fingerless gloves. How did I miss the fingerless gloves? Now I’m going to have fingerless glove envy until the next Yule festival!! A hobbit gots to have dreams!

Ketani Says:

If you’re on Elendilmir, I have a pair of fingerless gloves I can share. For whatever reason, the quest rewards for helping the poor or the rich were not bound to character this year.

9. Jeff Says:

You can probably pick up the fingerless gloves in the AH. I saw a bunch on there when I was selling my festival items after wardrobing them.

10. Avatar of andyb
    andyb Says:

I’ve a pair of the shabby yule gloves on withywindle that can be borrowed.

This outfit is fairly similar to one my mini has using for a while with a mix of armour and cosmetic stuff.

Plumed hat from the start zone quest, or sometimes the bounders hat from the shire. Extravagant festival cap adds more feathers to the bounder hat and has bit more detailing.

Tattered robe of the dunland sage, might be RoI quest reward but from that area for sure. Has a pattern on it that tend to match the colour you dye the robe but slightly darker in shade. Works pretty well with most colour dyes.

Padded mantle of the dunland sage, similar to the robe was a drop or reward in that zone. Gives the impression of some bulk at the top of a hoodless cloak.

Cloak of the dove, I got this in a lottery but have a feeling it might be a store one.

Hands tend to be bare or wearing the fancy winter festival ones.