Ketani’s Cosmetics: Do these shoulder pads make me look crazy?

January 23, 2013

General

I have been accused in the past of being a little crazy when it comes to cosmetics. Of course, this accusation came from a certain warden who has worn the same outfit for the past two years. Recently, however, I’ve begun to think there may be something to that charge…

LM_shoulder_1_crazy_crop

When Update 9 launched, one of the more exciting things to me was the fact that the old BG gear was finally going to be available from skirmish camps, meaning that I had finally had access to the Lore-master’s shoulder piece that I’ve wanted for years. Since getting those shoulders, they’ve found their way into virtually every new outfit I’ve put together since. They’re kind of crazy looking, but I am absolutely crazy about them. Let me share a few of my favorites, and you can judge for yourself.

LM_shoulder_1_dance

Pieces used in this outfit:

Head: Ceremonial Pathfinder’s Helm; rust dye (Skirmish barter, cosmetic vendor, Moria armour)

Chest: Ceremonial Nenuial’s Jacket; white dye (Skirmish barter, cosmetic vendor, Annuminas armour)

Legs: Ceremonial Nenuial’s Leggings; white dye (Skirmish barter, cosmetic vendor, Annuminas armour)

Feet: Ceremonial Boots of the West-tower; ranger green dye (Skirmish barter, cosmetic vendor, Annuminas armour)

Shoulders: Lore-keeper’s Shoulders; yellow dye (Skirmish barter; classic vendor, Barad Guldur (65) light armour)

Hands: Pever-durnvol; rust dye (Orthanc instance drop, BoE medium armour)

Back: Shimmering Blademaster’s Cloak; not dyeable (Tower of Orthanc barter—upgrade from Wyrmscale Blademaster’s Cloak)

LM_shoulder_1_WS

War-steed Cosmetics used:

Hide: Solid War-steed; Dark Chestnut (LOTRO Store, War-steed Color Pack 6)

Tail: Simple Tail; Sooty (LOTRO Store, War-steed Color Pack 2)

Head: Warden’s Halter; white (LOTRO Store, Steed of the Warden set)

Body: Warden’s Caparison; white (LOTRO Store, Steed of the Warden set)

Legs: Warden’s Leggings; default—does not dye white (LOTRO Store, Steed of the Warden set)

Saddle: Warden’s Saddle; default (LOTRO Store, Steed of the Warden set)

Gear: Accessory of the Northstar; default (LOTRO Store)

LM_shoulder_2_blue

Pieces used in this outfit:

Head: Far-Arrow’s Helm; Evendim blue dye (Skirmish barter, classic vendor, BG (85) Medium armour)

Shoulders: Lore-keeper’s Shoulders; Evendim blue dye (Skirmish barter; classic vendor, Barad Guldur (65) light armour)

Chest: Frostbluff Dress of Thanks; Evendim blue dye (Yule Festival quest reward)

Back: Brosh’s Cloak; Evendim blue dye (Erebor Instance drop, BoE)

While wearing this outfit, my lowbie LM likes to ride her Festive Azure Horse (5th anniversary reward).

LM_shoulders_orange

Pieces used in this outfit:

Head: Far-Arrow’s Helm; orange dye (Skirmish barter, classic vendor, BG (85) Medium armour)

Shoulders: Lore-keeper’s Shoulders; orange dye (Skirmish barter; classic vendor, Barad Guldur (65) light armour)

Chest: Extravagant Festival Dress; orange dye (Yule Festival quest reward)

Back: Wyrmscale Protector’s Cloak; default dye (Special crafted/Draigoch reward)

Maybe I am a little bit crazy about cosmetics (and these shoulders in particular) but I have fun with it, and in my opinion, my characters end up looking quite fashionable.

, , , , , , , , , ,

About Ketani

Ketani is CSTM's resident Livestock and Fertilizer expert. When not leveling more captains, she enjoys raiding, crafting, adding new horses to her collection, stomping shrews, betting on hobbit races, exploring haunted burrows, attending plays at the Frostbluff Theatre and tracking down wild cosmetics and making outfits out of them.

13 Responses to “Ketani’s Cosmetics: Do these shoulder pads make me look crazy?”

1. Strunto Says:

OMG they’re totally Ming the Merciless shoulderpads!

2. Cosmetic Lotro Says:

Yes~! Definitely~! But I like crazy, especially the second one! :D

reminds me of old school disney movie Snow White…the queens outfit. love it :)

4. Belwynne Says:

Yep, wicked witch of the west shoulder pads. With fingerless gloves!

5. dtchris Says:

I like the look, reminds me of the white/winter witch from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (first Narnia book)

6. andyb Says:

My first though was the timelords robes from back in the pre revamp days.

7. balmrog Says:

Thanks you for noting that the Lore-keeper’s Shoulders are class specific and they cannot be worn from anyone except a LM! :)))

The piece is sooooo coool that I went straight to the cosmetic barterer at the skirm camp with my guardian, and guess what? now I have a piece of armour that I cannot even wear as cosmetic, so disappointing! Marks and medallions spent for nothing… all I can do is sometimes wear them as preview with CTRL+left click, it’s really really cool! ;)

Well, apart my precipitation, all my compliments for these outfits, really nice stuff! :)

• Ketani Says:

Ooops, sorry about that, I thought that was understood. However, all is not lost! If you have shared wardrobe space, you can have your guardian drop those shoulders in there and then add them to an outfit from there. In the early days of the wardrobe, you were unable to put things in there if you could not use them, but that restriction has since been lifted to where if you can get it in your inventory, you can put it in your wardrobe.

Cosmetic Lotro has some tips on using the wardrobe here:

• balmrog Says:

Thanks Ketani, will surely follow your advice… somedays… the fact is that my wardrobe now is full with 63 items in 50 slots!!!!!

Yes, more items than wardrobe slots! ;)
        I think it’s a bug: when I purchased RoR my wardrobe space was taken to 70 slots, I don’t know why! At that time I had 49 items in it and of course I started to add more stuff until I reached 63, then suddently the 70 slots limits returned to the original 50 slots. So, now if I want to add some more slots I have to buy 2 more upgrades with TPs. And above all, if I want to replace even just one single item, I am sure that it won’t let me insert any new items until I return under 50, so in fact I would have to drop 14 items to add a new one… :(

• swattz101 Says:

Yeah, the extra 20 slots was a bug that they fixed with the following patch. I’m sitting at something like 130/110 slots. :-)
          Just buy some more slots.