Don’t let the title fool you, we had ever so much trouble getting this podcast out to you. Baby Hobbit was very sweet that she pretty much forced herself to stay awake because she “wants to podcast, too!” but unfortunately couldn’t make it and half way through the Town Crier had to have someone take her upstairs to bed. Don’t worry we cut most of all that out of the podcast. Then at the end of the show we realize the podcast recorder quit recording sometime during the show.. good grief. Luckily we were able to salvage a copy from Twitch.tv which saves the episode so the show may sound a little different as it wasn’t our direct recording. *gulps for air* After all that, please enjoy the show!
This week we discuss LOTRO’s maintenance downtime, update 9.1.1 and upcoming update 10 news, developer chats, My Little Ponies and more!
- LOTRO Servers Are Up!
- LOTRO Store and Myaccount services are unavailable at this time
- From Celestrata on the forums: The work that we have been performing is a very large-scale upgrade to our back-end systems, including our billing tools and customer service tools. Obviously, this is a large maintenance that affects everything that our games rely on, and that’s why this has taken so long. [source]
- LOTRO Downtime Compensation
- From Sapience: A quick reminder that the 250 turbine points and extended VIP time will not be added until we are confident all issues are resolved and the service is stable. We’ll let you know when it happens, but we ask for your patience in this matter. [source]
- Update 9.1.1 Release Notes
- Bullroarer- Update 10 Release Notes 3
- Seeking- Guides and Valuable info from the Lorebook
- Update 10 Previews:
- LOTRO Developer Twitter Chat- February 21, 2013
- Not posted yet. (Store was down at time of recording)
Riddles in the Dark
Riddles in the Dark is a bi-weekly podcast series by Dr. Corey Olsen (The Tolkien Professor), David Kale and Trish Lambert. Discussion will focus on the themes, characters, and events of Middle-earth and lay the groundwork for intelligent speculation about how the book may be translated to film. Each episode will culminate in the hosts making a specific prediction about the upcoming films, to be proven or dis-proven when the films are finally released.
More information on RITD can be found at http://www.mythgard.org/exclusives/riddles-in-the-dark/
How will the Elves’ relationship with the encroaching evil in Mirkwood be depicted?
A. The forest is uniformly dark with no “light/dark” boundary but Elves are living at peace (book answer).
B. The forest is uniformly dark with no boundary and Elves are living in crisis.
C. There is a clear and unchallenged evil/Elf realm demarcation and the Elves are living in peace (the Doriath answer).
D. There is an actively defended boundary between the encroaching evil and the Elf realm (i.e., Elves are in crisis).
Raise Your Glass
Niniba of Laurelin
Great site and podcast. Appreciate the great work you put in. I get a lot out of it. Especially those round tables hint hint!
Question i have is what recommendations do you have for kids playing lotro. My daughter is 7 and loves to play. It’s a question that has come up in the kin also. Now i turned off incoming tells and blood splatter and left the profanity filter turned on. She started with a guardian but didn’t really get into it. Loves the hunter and RK now. I have also not put her in the kin but she is in the tribe. Loves that warg. One day she even participated in a full raid! She doesnt know the password for her account and make sure she is well supervised either in game or out.
Any advice greatly appreciated. It seems so many of us playing lotro, such as yourselves as well, are in the same boat. So a segment on your show would probably help a lot of people.
Niniba from “The Children of Iluvatar ” on Laurilen
- Michel L.
- Mary H.
- Paul W.
- Rick B.
- Visit our blog at www.casualstrolltomordor.com
- We welcome your email to email@example.com
- We are available to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus & Steam
- Please leave us a review on iTunes and we would really appreciate it!
- Listen to us live every Saturday at 9:30 pm Eastern
Recorded February 16, 2013