The Player Council originally announced in the January 2013 Producer’s Letter has opened its doors to applications. You can nominate not only yourself, but also a fellow player that might be “a positive addition to the council.” The applications are open from today, March 22st to April 19th. The term of the council membership will be for the entire calendar year of 2013.
As suspected there are a number of benefits to being on the council including:
- Providing direct feedback to the LOTRO team.
- Comment on aspects of elements of the game before they have even reached an Alpha state.
- Draft reports for the community on their activities.
- Receive a quarterly stipend of Turbine Points.
- Guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term
- Invitations to player parties or similar events (at their own expense)
There are of course a number of requirements that must be met in order to become a member of the council including signing an NDA,, communicate in English, maintain an “active play style” during their term, etc. Also, they cannot be “Members of the press or those acting in a journalistic/editorial capacity are not eligible to participate on the council.” (Which means that most of the podcasts and some fansites are ineligible. Ah well.)
So if you’re interested or know someone who’d do a good job, fire up your email and fill out the application!