Poll: Daily Quests

March 9, 2013

Weekly Poll

This week’s poll was suggested by Kazren. LOTRO has a lot of different types of daily quests available and she thought it’d be interesting to ask which type is your favorite. The selection of dailies in the poll were me wracking my brain trying to get them all although I’m sure I forgot some. I did my best and you are welcome to select other and leave a comment why you like that certain type of daily quest.

Which are your favorite daily quests?

• I dislike all daily quests (37%, 246 Votes)
  • Festival dalies (15%, 99 Votes)
  • I like all types of daily quests (11%, 74 Votes)
  • Instance / Skirmish dailies (11%, 73 Votes)
  • Hytbold (rebuild) dailies (9%, 59 Votes)
  • Crafting dailies (5%, 35 Votes)
  • Task Board dailies (5%, 33 Votes)
  • Reputation dailies (4%, 28 Votes)
  • Other (Leave a comment) (3%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 660

Loading ... Loading ...
, ,

23 Responses to “Poll: Daily Quests”

although most of the daily quests are great, interesting and well done, by being a daily the repetition kills any innovation or fun from them, mostly because one HAS to repeat them in order to gain whatver carrot the game has dangled as the reward. 50th time thru the same quest I begin to wonder why on earth am I doing this and looking for another game to entertain myself.

2. Avatar of Andrew
    Andrew Says:

I like the former end-game dailies that give the LI rep. They tend to be fun and boost my LI stats.

3. Silindor Says:

Wow glad to see not alone on disliking Dailes of any type

4. mrtoad Says:

PvMP quests in the moors such as retake TR, kill giant tree boss in delving to get a renown buff, etc. While I go to the moors to fight other human-controlled orcs, spiders and wargs, the quests are a nice perk on top of all the carnage.

5. Gliredhel Says:

Hytbold until it was rebuilt and the mining instance for a Compendium IV which is still worth 4 or 5 g depending on the market

6. Pasduil Says:

For me, doing the same thing every day gets old PDQ.

If I’ve happened to pick up a stack of things that are task items I’ll turn them in for the rep usually, but I don’t go out of my way to get them.

Apart from that there’s nothing I do daily.

7. Vanflicke Says:

i like crafting, task board, and festival.

8. Rufusstan Says:

All dailies tend to be have-to rather than want-to and ultimately if you do them you are driven by the reward.

Most of the quests are entertaining enough the first time through, but almost all of them lose any appeal long before you get to your goal.

Hytbolt tried to get around it by having a bigger pool of quests to work with, but considering you’ll need around 250 quests to finish it all, you’ll still end up doing each one 5-6 times on average.

There are a few exceptions: I’d still be doing Death from Below if 20 levels hadn’t removed any challenge, and I’ll never get tired of the Hobby Horse, but the rest….

9. Rabbitses Starkfoot Says:

I enjoy festivals. Hytbold has its charms too. With the implementation of mithril coins you can use them to reset the hytbold dailies a la yulefest. I haven’t checked if this affects other dailies, but i guess those extra chances will be a nice perk.

10. southi Says:

TBH I am not opposed to doing ANY daily quest. They all seem to have their place and imho there is nothing requiring anyone to do them. If you don’t like them that then don’t do them (that day or ever whatever your choice might be). Of all the choices listed I would have to say that I dislike daily festival quest the most however. To me all dailies have their purpose and I actually find some of them quite enjoyable (when I choose to do them).

11. Tinker Says:

The Hytbold Dailies are soul-crushing. Speaking of which: I really hope Turbine doesn’t turn all the 2013 festivals into the grind-fest/money-grab that was Yules 2012. Ugh.

12. Avatar of Ellrion
    Ellrion Says:

i don’t do dailies at all if i can possibly avoid it. the reward has to be INCREDIBLY good and/or limited time only for me to even bother. I’ll do every quest once… ONCE… but screw repeats and daily grind. no. just, no!

13. Bretela Says:

Its gotten to the point now where I log on, except I am not actually available for anything because I am doing all these different dailes for an hour or more. So I stopped, I’m done with hytbold and I’m done trying to get those stupid recipes. It’s not worth it anymore.

14. Cadronas Says:

I do the craft daillies to earn shards but don’t do them everyday. Hytbold served it’s purpose as soon as I got my armour. I haven’t bothered with them since as I don’t see any real purpose.

15. DancesInTrees Says:

The 5 from Esteldin that gave IXP were fun at the time – mostly because we ran them as a group, and everyone wanted them.
    These days we have IXP overflow and I doubt something similar would have the same appeal.

16. Belegedan Says:

I don’t think I know about dailies.

17. Paul Wirtz Says:

I do great river dailies in Brownlands and rushgore grinding for jewelry. But keeping NPCs alive as a healer is good training.

18. Malhirviel Says:

By “Task Board dailies” you mean the opportunity to submit common items (vendor trash) to the task boards for rep and XP, right? I didn’t really think of them as dailies until now, but I guess they are since they have a daily reset.

Anyway, I like them because they give me a way to turn vendor trash into something other than just in-game money. Usually rep and XP are so much more useful than a handful of silver and copper. I just wish there were an easy way to determine the difference between vendor trash that is eligible for a task board task and that which is totally useless. If there were some kind of “auto-sell useless vendor trash items” plugin, I would use it all the time.

19. Crell of Riddermark, Vanguard Says:

Poll Proposal:

Are you happy when you get Mithril coins from your lootbox?
    A.)Yes! More cosmetics for me!
    B.)Yes! Less time traveling to the npc!
    C.)Yes! .. I’m not really dead!
    D.)No! Nothing to spend them on that I want!
    E.)No! I have too many from the conversion to ever use up already!
    F.)What’s a Lootbox?
    G.)What’s a Mithril Coin?

20. Nusnogard Says:

I was just thinking… does anyone know of a site that lists all of the daily quests? Something that is able to be sorted by reward type would be especially nice (XP, IXP, rep, barter items, etc). I know I can see all of them in wikis, but I don’t remember ever finding a place that lists them all and can be sorted.

21. Avatar of Thuindir