Bullroarer: Update 11 Wildermore Overview

April 25, 2013

General, Videos

Andang heads to Bullroarer to explore the new Wildermore region and show us some of the new system changes coming with Update 11. He walks through the zone shows some of the mobs, the new system alerts, a glance at the mounted combat yellow tree and hobbit presents.

All of this is subject to change before it gets to the live server. Bullroarer is a public test server.

, , , ,

57 Responses to “Bullroarer: Update 11 Wildermore Overview”

1. Manuel Says:

Once I have updated the bullroarer server I began to have an “internal error” someone knows what it is ?

Andang Says:

hm…they did change the launcher but I don’t know exactly what your issue would be but I would look on the forums before trying a fresh install

• Hannihr Says:

Howdy :)

I had the same issue – though I assume you have solved it by now.
      You need to select the flag at the top right of the game launcher, and then click your preference. It will then give you some new terms and conditions to accept. A lot of people had this issue, and they still have not made it more obvious that the T&Cs need to be re-accepted before game play.

Hannihr of Evernight

thanks for the info. I am totally underwhelmed by it, tho it looks pretty. It seems more of the same thing with some nice corrections and streamlining. I will wait and see what happens as it gets closer to launch.

I wonder what the lower level changes will look like, like where is MC coming to for the other regions? will MC level be lowered?

Andang Says:

I doubt mounted combat level will be lowered as the previous zones were not designed to do that. The zone does feel very similar to the rest of Rohan just with snow instead of rolling plains

3. Avatar of Lilikate Buggins.
    Lilikate Buggins. Says:

Oh! It looks lovely Andang, thanks for posting this preview. I would love to see a playthrough! Could you have a glance at some of the critters too maybe?
    I doubt if Lilikate will get to that area for quite a while.
    The ice crystals look really scary!

Andang Says:

Glad you enjoyed it! I sadly do not know near enough about the critters to even attempt what you do Lilikate. You do an amazing series of articles and when you do get to Wildermore, I will be looking forward to seeing your article.

4. Manuel Says:

I fixed the problem nevermind :) and thanks for the video :D

5. Thaleg of Anduin Says:

I saw some warg puppies yesterday, if anyone wants to, I can link a screenshot when I come home

6. Vraethir Says:

FYI you can change the size of your alerts in the UI panel.

Hobbit Presents the moment it selects a reward it goes into your inventory.

There is a new barter upgradable pocket item.

New Great River like crafted gear.

New Barter for Jewelry and LI Titles and Armour.

Andang Says:

Yeah I know you can change the size but default is still too big.

I noticed the rewards after I ended the video :D

Thanks for the rest of the info…didn’t know bout that

7. Tony Says:

Is there any info on how this works for premium users? I assume I’ll have to buy the quest content for the area.

8. Rorgg Says:

Hurons? There are great lakes in the zone?

9. Avatar of Kiralynn of Rohan
    Kiralynn of Rohan Says:

Great preview, thank you!

10. Avatar of Ethelros
    Ethelros Says:

I had to go take a look myself after watching Andang’s vid, and I can generally agree. Wildermore is just as detailed as the rest of Rohan(meaning very, very), the zone is a very decent size, feels quite open for the most part(aside from the forest area obviously, which basically Fangorn on ice). There are a whole ton of exploration deeds, so the people who like to poke around everywhere will be pleased by that.

At this point I have no idea what the giant pointy ice thingys are, but I’m sure it’ll be interesting finding out.

Andang Says:

Indeed it will be interesting to find out and it is a zone with a lot of hidden things…that is for sure!

I have no idea about the giant ice crystals aside from making things really, really cold…I can’t wait to find out (but I will wait till it goes LIVE because I don’t like too many spoilers)

11. Rabbitses Starkfoot Says:

Using the mobile browser I wasn’t able to see the video :( It’s on youtube though! Andang got another subscriber. Thanks for the great look into Update 11, I am very excited to get in there and start exploring!

Andang Says:

Yeah you have to switch to desktop mode on your phone to see it in the article because the mobile version doesn’t support flash (I think).

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

12. Kerry Amburgy-Dickson Says:

To whomever did the video: you can change the size of the alerts panel. It’s in the UI preferences …. the alerts slider.

13. Goreamir Says:

Hmm, now I wonder what that bridge under construction in the Great River is for, just scenery I guess. It doesn’t appear to be another way into Wildermore.

Andang Says:

There are several places in LOTRO that have things like that…I hope someday they all get to go somewhere and LOTRO is a highly connected and full world without dead ends.

• Rabbitses Starkfoot Says:

Hoping that someday we will be able to go through the gap of rohan into the westemnet and onwards. Opening up the southern route around the misty mountains. Also looking forward to the day when the greyed out areas on the Rhovanion map will start opening up! Gladden fields, north mirkwood… Mmm. I’m pretty sure I remember an extra brown lands area that was also greyed out, but has since disappeared. Also, I’ve always wanted to be able to head straight south from Amon Hen and Rauros. I think there is supposed to be some stairs that lead down. Maybe a way into gondor? Anyway, I too look forward to the day when middle earth is a huge connected world with no dead ends!

• Goreamir Says:

Yeah, this bridge was added recently though, and a path leading up into the hills in the direction of Wildermore, strange that it didn’t turn out to be a way in there.

I hope to be able to seamlessly travel that way too, but I’ve been wondering how they will do it, if you look at the lorebook map and see the placement of the regions. If they are fixed where they are by the coordinate system, there is a huge distance between the Gap and Eastemnet, that would be much wider than West Rohan woudl be, so we might have to “portal” between the Gap and West Rohan, but we’ll see.

14. duinathel Says:

Andang,

Thanks for this. Just one thing: it’s a Hoo-orn not a Hyou-ron. Huron is another name for the Wyandot native group. Also the name of a large lake up Canada way lol.

15. Giftel Says:

Just played BR today. The additional area west of Langhold is very pretty.
    OTOH, I was very disappointed to see they have removed the medium war steed skill, ‘Intimidate’. As a squishy hunter I use Intimidate a whole lot in war steed play. If I get attacked by multiple mobs it’s extremely helpful. I hope Turbine will reconsider and leave Intimidate as an option.

Andang Says:

Yeah but I think it is good to add class specific things to the steeds…lets hope they give you a skill even more awesome soon

16. NHoward Says:

Update 11 Build 2 pushed a change for PvMP that is going to be pretty destructive to the PvMP community should it go live.

Andang Says:

I have not seen them yet and the servers are down right now for maintenance but I am really curious now to see what they might have done…if you could elaborate while I am waiting for the notes to come back up that would be great!

Andang Says:

Those changes could change everything for healers but will likely over-reword players. I don’t know how I feel about the kill quests but I do like the change as a healer.

• NHoward Says:

Well, as a support character, I like that I can get the deeds done faster… As a DPS char in the ‘Moors, they’re basically handing you the deeds on a silver platter.

Keep in mind that a lot of the higher ranked PvMPers use those deeds as motivation to keep playing, because they are so hard to get completed.

Andang Says:

Oh yeah I totally understand how this could be a really bad move for some players…but for me I kind of like it as I don’t feel like I need to DPS as much to try to get a KB and actually heal more instead

• Nahoward Says:

The biggest problem with that change is the potential halo effects from it – like the overlap between the PvMP community and the raiding community, and this change negatively affecting the raiding community (less people to raid cause they said “screw it” from having years of worked flushed down the tubes). Many that PvMP also raid because of the advantage of having raid gear in the ‘Moors.

Another halo effect is the loss of revenue from players dropping out: All Freeps are either VIPs or Lifers, and creeps are pretty heavily monetized. And the revenue generated by those players is used to fund many PvE and RP things that the game is known for, which is where many that do not care about PvMP need to pay attention to this, because it will impact them.

Andang Says:

Yeah it will impact them but I don’t think that the majority of players will notice but yes those changes will affect that for sure

• NHoward Says:

The other thing with this proposed change: The PvMP leaderboards were also recently announced to be phasing out soon.

Both changes occurring near the same time is sending the (unintentional) message the Turbine doesn’t really care about PvMP. I doubt either change on it’s own would really have much affect on the community at large, it’s the timing of both that’s going to cause problems.

17. Avatar of Andang
    Andang Says:

That is a good point…it is unfortunate that both have hit at once. In general it is really bad how many things the website is loosing with this change…I hope they bring things back or get better things to replace them…both however are unlikely.

1. RunicPortal » Take a casual stroll through LotRO Update 11 - April 25, 2013

[...] at Lord of the Rings Online fansite A Casual Stroll to Mordor, Andang gives us a nifty walkthrough video of the incoming Wildermore region for Update 11. The [...]

2. Have a casual stroll through LotRO Update 11 » webaligns - April 25, 2013

[...] The almighty from the Rings Online fansite An Informal Stroll to Mordor, Andang provides for us a great walkthrough video from the incoming Wildermore region for Update [...]

3. Take a casual stroll through LotRO Update 11 | Massively - April 25, 2013

[...] Over at Lord of the Rings Online fansite A Casual Stroll to Mordor, Andang gives us a nifty walkthrough video of the incoming Wildermore region for Update 11. The [...]

4. LOTRO's Update 11 Brings Snow to Rohan | Legendarium - April 25, 2013

[...] Want to lean more about LOTRO or Update 11?  Head over to Middle-Earth Network’s very own fansite, Casual Stroll to Mordor, to find out more. [...]

5. Community Crier: Monday, April 29th - Sunday May 5th | MyMiddle-earth - April 28, 2013

[...] Stroll to Mordor “Bullroarer: Update 11 Wildermore [...]

6. Update 11 Launching May 13th | Casual Stroll to Mordor - May 6, 2013

[...] See Andang’s video overview of the Wildermore region from the Bullroarer Public Test Server. [...]