This week we had three Dums go and smash through the Warg Pens in Mirkwood. Then we returned to creeping. Silvers won a war-steed appearance from the anniversary festival envelopes. Otherwise she played a lot of Tomb Raider.
Merric wasn’t sure he did anything this week. Maybe something with is Warden?
- Helms Deep LOTRO’s Fifth Expansion Announced
- Bullroarer- Update 11 Release Notes
- LOTRO Community Site Changes Coming
- 2013 LOTRO Player Council Members Announced
- Scheduled Server Downtime- 7-00 AM – 10-00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, April 29
- …we will be extending the Anniversary Festival by 1 week. We’ll also be adding new rewards to it on Monday.
- Help the Hobbit- Altoholism
- Export Your My.LOTRO Blog
- Lilikate’s Creatures Episode 5- Bound Beater.
- Lost Texts- Diary of a Wood Elf
- Bullroarer- Update 11 Wildermore Overview
Raise Your Glass
I was told to submit this picture of our wedding cake (just married on the 25th of March). It’s LotRO based since my husband and I met in the game a few years past.
Hey Merrick and Goldenstar,
So…I’ve got a problem. My dumb computer keeps crashing when I take my 85 guard into Rohan. It seems to happen only in that area. I’ve check the forums…and have done a couple of things to try to fix it. Turning down Player Quality, Turning off Post Particle Effects, and stuff like that. To no avail. Are there any other people who are crashing lots only in Rohan? My computer isn’t great…but it shouldn’t be doing this. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time! Love the site/podcast/you guys,
Dear Goldenstar and Merric,
I listen to your CSTM podcast by going to the weekly episode show notes webpage and clicking on the play button at the end of the notes. For the longest time (since I began listening), however, I have been having odd technical problems with the progress bar that opens up. Although there is text below the bar that indicates the alleged length of the show, the show never actually ends at the specified time. Instead, the bar fills and fills as the show plays, but when it reaches the designated end point, it just keeps going. You two are literally exceeding the bar every week! Not that I mind the length. The same issue happens whether the show is 45 minutes or 90 minutes long. The problem is that, if I miss something and want to hear it again, I may end up having to go back 10-15 minutes in the conversation because that is the where the progress bar ended.
The problem I have been having may be related to another issue that I have when listening to the show: pausing. I listen at work and so I often have to pause the show if I have to deliver something to one of my coworkers. When I click “play” to resume the show, it almost always pushes me back 2-3 minutes earlier in the show. So, if I paused during town crier, when I resume I could be back in the intro. The pausing issue happens at any time during the podcast, whether the progress bar is filled yet or not.
We are still using IE8 at work, so I don’t know if that is the issue, or if this happens to everyone. I don’t have the same issue with other podcasts that appear to use the same or a similar progress bar.
The show is good enough that I’ve been muddling through the timing issues for over a year. I wasn’t sure if they have ever been brought to your attention, however, or if I’m the only one, and so I thought I would finally speak up. It’s not really a huge issue, just a quality of life thing.
Thanks for being so receptive to feedback!
- Visit our blog at www.casualstrolltomordor.com
- We welcome your email to email@example.com
- We are available to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus & Steam
- Please leave us a review on iTunes and we would really appreciate it!
- Listen to us live every Saturday at 9:30 pm Eastern
Recorded April 27, 2013