Player Achievements of the Week

May 3, 2013

Player Achievements

Each week we ask you to share your successes in Middle Earth with the rest of the community. Post a comment letting us know what you’ve accomplished this past week. We will pick comments at random to read on the podcast giving you a chance for a little shout out for yourself! Our shout-outs are only as good as the information we get so remember:

• Don’t forget to add your character name, what server you play on and, if you like, add your Kinship if you have one.
  • Please keep your posts brief. We won’t be able to read full novels of your adventures. At least make it so we can easily sum it up!
  • Do not be afraid to post any of your achievements. We don’t care if you just saved Archet or finished up Hytbold. We want to hear from you!

These shout outs will appear in tomorrow tonight’s recording of A Casual Stroll to Mordor Podcast. You are welcome to join us live at 9:30pm Eastern! First time joining us live? See our post on how to join CSTM’s live broadcast. Comments for this thread will be closed after recording as this is a weekly thing. If you missed this week’s cut off, don’t fret! A new thread just like this one will appear next Friday.

20 Responses to “Player Achievements of the Week”

1. Thorandal Says:

Thanks to the great Crew in Swifty & Hammo on Arkenstone I both simotaniously got my Legendary quests done & broke my all time record for getting squished in an instance in a full CD run. I am now level 51, working my way through Moria & leveling up my first 2 items.

2. Sue Says:

Solthra, hobbit warden on Arkenstone, finally got her war-steed last week. It still needs some training, this pony sure IS a little headstrong beauty!

3. Chicky Says:

Escabur of Meneldor finally got to climb the Beacon of Eaworth. This time, it only took me about 15 minutes to do it.

4. mrtoad Says:

My lvl 85 hunter got a first age bow and first age sword all on the same weekend. So pretty huge for my and my dps :) Props to my awesome kin mates who crafted these items for me!

Also got my two erebor huntsmans armor pieces (saved up for the chest piece and the boots for the extra physical mastery they provide). Improved penetrating shot and blood arrow only costing 2 points of focus while in fleet stance is nice for the dps too

Now to test all this out on some unsuspecting creeps :D (love you creeps though! :) )

5. Limm Says:

My burglar Limmore achieved level 50 this week while questing with my alt group! Woohoo! We spent a few hours running around in Goblin-town doing quests and fighting goblins, it was a good time! :)

Limm of Gladden

6. Avatar of Chromite
    Chromite Says:

After 1295 runs through scaled instances since Update 9 release I finally have obtained my very first golden class item.

You heard that right – one thousand two hundred and ninety five runs.

And yet there are people around who have obtained up to 14 of these across their characters.

If I added all the runs up between my three level 85 characters I’d have about 1400 to 1600 instances that I have run and have only gotten one golden class item.

The loot system is very, very broken.

7. LilyRose Says:

Astarwen, Loremaster of Gladden, this week joins her friend, LilyRose the minstrel, at level cap.

Poetically, the kill that put her over the top was the boss in a Tier 2 Defense of the Prancing Pony.

Thanks, Ugly!

8. Steve Says:

Jadelor and Jadednight of Silverlode. Minstrel and Hunter, finally achieved all 16′s for equipped virtue traits.

9. Flosiin Says:

I was able to get the war-steed appearance from the envelope quest for my Lore master. Only two more toons to go.
    Tuesday was epic! I was able to squish…my thumb in my van door…kinda put a damper on the rest of the play time this week.

10. Theoduck Says:

It took me 3 and a half years of very casual, meandering gameplay, but I finally hit Level 50!

11. Rorgg Says:

Horizontal advancement continues unabated:

* Two more Thanes this week, taking the total to four.

* All nine characters are now kin with all 4 Rohan factions.

* Captain (the ostensible main) finished each of the Erebor raids on T1 to open some armor pieces… and realized the Erebor T1 set is best used as something to trade in for the T2 pieces. Did make him a 1st Age weapon, though.

* Lots of raid checks in boxes for toons across the board.

* Minstrel got a piece of gold armor. Nost of the rest of the loot consisted of bounties and Tier 5 relics.

* Got my kin to actually run a 3-man successfully!

* Deeds deeds deeeeeeds! Most impressive one: Trolls in Moria. Boy howdy.

Rorgg
    Kinleader, Jesters of Landroval

12. Theoden Says:

I hit level 85 for my 19th toon. Also, I managed to reach 1.5 million Marks and 250,000 Medallions. Only have about 5,000 Seals though… it’s hard to find groups that aren’t filled with a thousand noobs equipped with ridiculously sub-par second agers. Oh yeah, and I also got a personal e-mail from Turbine asking me if I wanted to join the lotro player council, but it sounded too nerdy for me so I turned them down.

13. DJPimpDaddy Says:

This week my solo elven minstrel won her way in to Moria for the first time. Checking my Steam statistics I have 313 hours logged, so you can tell that I have been soaking up the content as we go. Loving every second of the game!

Just the first room of Moria is epic, so I can imagine the ridiculousness ahead. Fortunately I also got my full Moria Map up on my wall a few days ago from the Anniversary event. I am slowly adjusting to goat life. I am requesting that any role player on the Windfola server stop by Durins Door and feed my poor Steed of the Minstrel standing in the rain alone.

~ DJPimpDaddy

Urnornuiranor of Windfola
    Leader of the “The Tardy Wizards” kinship
    ~Now recruiting solo players only. We are the most anti social rank 9 kinship out there.~

• mrtoad Says:

Grats ib getting your mini to Moria. ‘Now recruiting solo players only. We are the most anti social rank 9 kinship out there’ <- that and other comments in your post really made me lol

14. Odewulf Says:

Finally my Captain ‘Oderinal’ on Eldar dinged 85 yesterday, making this the first time ever I have 2 toons at level cap :) A nice kinnie crafted a LI captain’s emblem for me which has 5! major legacies on it. I’m a happy Cappy now.

-Odewulf, chicken fan

15. Tinulae Says:

This week, I tanked for the very first time, with Tinulae, my warden on the Nimrodel server. It was on the Iorbar’s Peak instance. All went fine, and I had the time of my life. Also, my fellows praised my capabilities as a tank. :D

• Tinulae Says:

I’d also like to thank my kin, which is the most friendly i’ve ever had : Heroes of the Fourth Age! :D

16. Narthafell Says:

Had a second run with my new adventuring group, Loriendir and Miriedis. We are finishing the Lone Lands and looking to move further in the story later this week. A quick thanks to Goldenstar and the Dum group for providing the inspiration of forming a weekly adventuring group.