Update 11 Launching May 13th

May 6, 2013

LOTRO News

Turbine has sent out a press release announcing the launch of Update 11 on May 13th. Update 11 is entitled “Treachery of the White Hand” and the following is the description for this update:

The epic story continues as you are called to the remote region of Wildermore!  This Eastern Rohan area has been hard hit by an unnatural and deadly winter. A Stone Giant named Núrzum, under the control of Saruman, is rumored as the source of this icy tragedy. Throughout Wildermore, villages have suffered ravage and townsfolk have become refugees. Follow in the chilly footsteps of evil as you attempt to restore this once thriving region.

This update includes new epic story and five new areas to explore in the Wildermore region.

Writhendowns

All word from Wildermore has ceased and rumors point to the worst. You must find and aid the town of Scylfig, which suffers from a strangely deepening winter and an Uruk-hai threat.

The Fallows

Uruk-hai invaders have torched the region’s farms, slaying many and driving the survivors from their homes. You must ride into the smoldering remains to help drive out the evil tides of Núrzum’s raiders before meeting with the brooding Reeve of Wildermore.

Whitshaws

As the brutal winter rages, many folk have gone missing, and the small village of Dunfast is in dire need of protection. You must follow in the wake of Núrzum’s destruction, but can you find him in time? Face marauding Warbands as you race to save the people of Dunfast.

High Knolls

The town of the High Knolls, Byre Tor, long held out against the powers of Núrzum, but now has fallen to the beastly enemy.  Venture among forbidding crags in search of the city’s hunted refugees, but use caution, for whispers warn that the Knolls are thick with Saruman’s minions!

Balewood

In the unruly, northern expanses of Fangorn Forest, the Darkness has taken hold.  In the Balewood, violent Huorns and Wood-trolls prowl and Saruman’s Uruk-hai linger. You must gather young Ents to rally against the growing corruption.

The Wildermore Quest pack is free to VIPs.  See below for official screenshots released for these regions.

It also includes mounted combat revamp with new class specific traits, housing changes, the addition of Hobbit presents and what is described as “New VIP Benefits”.

Improved offerings for VIPs, including a custom character portrait frame, improved bonus experience system and better Hobbit presents.

See Andang’s video overview of the Wildermore region from the Bullroarer Public Test Server.

LOTRO - Balewood 03 LOTRO - Balewood 04 LOTRO - Balewood 01 LOTRO - Balewood 02 LOTRO - Fallows 03 LOTRO - Fallows 04 LOTRO - Fallows 05 LOTRO - Fallows 01 LOTRO - Fallows 02 LOTRO - Whitshaws 03 LOTRO - Whitshaws 04 LOTRO - Whitshaws 01 LOTRO - Whitshaws 02 LOTRO - Writhendowns 04 LOTRO - Writhendowns 05 LOTRO - Writhendowns 01LOTRO - Writhendowns 02LOTRO - Writhendowns 03

See all of the official screenshots in our Flickr set.

, , , , ,

27 Responses to “Update 11 Launching May 13th”

1. Avatar of Fredelas
    Fredelas Says:

I’m not sure that a custom character portrait frame should rightly be described as a “benefit” for VIPs. The free weekly gold hobbit present is a tangible benefit, though. Normally, four weekly rolls would cost 32 Mithril Coins, which cost about 320 TPs.

The changes to VIP enhanced experience will be less beneficial to some players, however. Right now, VIP subscribers can accumulate up to 100% of their character’s current level as rest XP over 5 days. After this change, they will receive up to 30% of the current level’s XP every night at 3 AM /servertime, and this amount will not accumulate.

• Crell of Riddermark, Vanguard Says:

What’s this new portrait I’ve not heard of yet?

• Zerrick Says:

Eh? Do you mean that you can never have more than 30% of your current level’s xp in rested xp? That’s pretty damn huge nerf to rested xp for people who don’t play daily.

2. Avatar of Andang
    Andang Says:

Now I have to get to work! I didn’t expect this to be released so soon…I have several things in and out of game that need to happen now.

I love what I have seen on BETA and can’t wait to start the quests in the new area.

3. Thorgrum Says:

I havent followed U11 at all, Im interested to know if there are new jewelry sets like we got with the great river update last year (after ROI). I havent done the grind for RoR Rep and gold recipe drops I just dont have the time. Im hopeful this release is as good as Great River was, a bright spot in an otherwise bleak ROI-ROR release run IMHO.

Rest XP is nice, frankly id like the option of something a bit more robust. AS someone who has leveled 4 to cap I simply cant bring myself to run through the trollshaws, lone lands and moria again for another toon. I want to be able to advance levels at 10 a pop as a VIP. 40-60 is bad IMHO, Id like to get to mirkwood asap. So that would be a welcomed perk for me as a VIP player but im dreaming a bit here I think….

The hobbit presents are nice im fine with that.

• Cadronas Says:

I like the idea of being able to build a character from a later level. It would be great if it was something unlocked for VIPs. The unlock could occur with triggers such as VIP status, cap already reached on server, the unlocked level could be relevant to the expansion purchased.

4. Avatar of Ethelros
    Ethelros Says:

Okay I gotta ask, where the heck do you find these ‘press releases’? Is this just something sent out to certain websites, out of sight from the average person? Because I’ve seen this cited as the source for a whole bunch of things and never been able to find the,

5. Steve Schaper Says:

Young ents? Young?

Glad to have a new region, but I sure wish they could stick to canon.

6. Steve Schaper Says:

Hmm. Much smaller than Great River, non-canonical mountain ranges. Doesn’t have a path -from- Great River, Pretty country, but somewhat disappointing, from what I’m seeing.

7. davidt Says:

Sounds like fun, and a month earlier than expected.

Any word on how much TP it’ll cost?

8. Rabbitses Starkfoot Says:

Yayyy!

9. Avatar of Aegraes
    Aegraes Says:

update on my birthday well i know what i will be spend the money on

10. Avatar of shipwreck
    shipwreck Says:

The story with the ice-giant is pretty far fetched…but so are half the other story lines in LOTRO. I’m looking forward to it!

11. Sigela Says:

What does “mounted combat revamp with new class specific traits” encompass?

I have to admit that I feel like I’m facing a week in limbo.

12. Avatar of
    knowfere Says:

Are the housing and kinship maintenance fees still payable with in-game gold? I will be upset if they are only payable with mithril coins now.

• mrtoad Says:

I think I read in patch notes that they will be payable with both. The point wasn’t to take the old way of paying away (with gold), but to add a new way.

13. Knify Says:

For those of us that are not VIP?
    Sorry I am one my phone and hit the submit button accidentally.

14. Goreamir Says:

I just realized this comes up a little short of the Great River because that one came with an instance “Fangorn’s Edge”. Wildermore sounds like it will have something similar to Limlight Gorge with the Survivors of Wildermore faction, but not culminating in an instance this time. Too bad. Still looking forward to having something to do for a little while in the game.

15. jakob Says:

How big is the update file going to be ?

I have a limited freedompop 10 gigibit data plan use for month of may,

1. | Kalex's Tome - May 6, 2013

[...] Update 11 Launching May 13th | Casual Stroll to Mordor Turbine has sent out a press release announcing the launch of Update 11 on May 13th. Update 11 is entitled “Treachery of the White Hand”. [...]

2. LOTRO’s Update 11 Launches Next Week | Middle-earth News - May 8, 2013

[...] For a closer look at some of the upcoming locations/features in Middle-earth (including some gorgeous screencaps), be sure to visit A Casual Stroll to Mordor! [...]