Game Stop LOTRO Mithril Edition 50% off

June 25, 2013

LOTRO News

Update: It appears this deal is over. The price on the web site has gone up to $19.99.

Head on over to Game Stop to pick up a Mithril Edition of The Lord of the Rings for only $4.99 (regular price $9.99) for the digital download version.

GamestopMEsale

I saw it posted elsewhere on Game Stop’s site that it is 75% off down from $19.99 but as you can see from the screenshot, it appears its regular price is $9.99.

The Mithril Edition includes:

The Path of the Fellowship current prices for the quest packs are as follows:

• Trollshaws = 595 TP
  • Eregion = 695 TP
  • Moria = 1495 TP
  • Lothorien = 695 TP

Total = 3,480 TP or approximately $35 USD

feature_pic_1As you can see if you need the quest packs, this is a great pack to pick up especially right now!

Even if you don’t need the quest packs and aren’t a horse collector, this pack is worth the price just in the amount of Turbine Points granted .The 2,000 Turbine points estimated in USD would equal approximately $20. That’s a heck of a deal.

Note: If you already have a Mithril Edition code applied to your account, you will not be able to apply another one in the hopes of getting 2,000 more TP.

I’m not really certain how long the sale is on for. I didn’t see an end date printed anywhere so if you are interested, best not delay too long.

Go to the Mithril Edition Sale –>

, , , ,

24 Responses to “Game Stop LOTRO Mithril Edition 50% off”

1. Avatar of Tsu
    Tsu Says:

Am so tempted…will need to talk to wifey…money is tight in this Argentinian household! (USD purchases outside of country getting difficult!)

Where will I get this type of amazing info in the future?

CTsM you will be missed :) or :(

confusing times

2. Avatar of Tsu
    Tsu Says:

Quest packs are the same as the areas right?

• Cadd Says:

It’s the areas, yes. This is only really important for Moria, this means that Quests and Instances are included, but NOT the Rune-keeper, Warden, two character slots and skirmish rank upgrade that comes with the full expansion. Still INCREDIBLY worth it at this price!

Tsu Says:

I already bought Mines of Moria FULL expansion with Rune-keeper (yet to try out) and Warden (Yeah! it’s a beat em up!) for 19.99 so I can appreciate how much of a BARGAIN this is!

Thanks CStM (Dont know why I keep typo’ing: CTsM!)

3. Reeves Says:

What?!?! I bought this about 2 months ago for 19.99 for the digital download. And even at that price it is still a great deal seeing as the 2k points alone is worth 20.00 essentially making everything else included in this pack free. But if anyone knows anyone, even someone you spoke with 3 years ago in the subway who mentioned they had a computer who you think in some alternate universe may want to someday play LOTRO, tell them to buy this cause this deal is just that crazy! :D

4. Ellonur Says:

Has anyone managed to successfully purchase it at that price? If you put it into your cart, the price seems to automatically turn into 19.99$ (or 15.25€ for me), same for friends who try it.

Elinnea Says:

This is what I’m seeing too. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or maybe it’s too early and the sale isn’t quite in effect yet in their store? I’ll try again later today or tomorrow.

5. Gjønge Says:

As soon as you try to add this item to cart in there it switches to 19.99$ instead… a little too clever a move from gamestop.

6. Brian Says:

Putting it in my cart changed the price to $19.99.

7. Shi Says:

It changed to $19.99 when I put it in my cart too. Seems the deal is dead.

8. Thaleg of Anduin Says:

I was lucky to get it for 5 dollars. But now I shows me 19.99$ as well. Maybe it was the shortest sale of the mithril edtion ever.

9. Groo Says:

Refreshing the information now shows $19.99 on the main page… Looks like the deal is over =(

10. Avatar of DJPimpDaddy
    DJPimpDaddy Says:

Wow, yeah I got it at $4.95 just verified on the Paypal transaction! Maybe the goofed and rescinded the sale? Also in US if that helps others.

Edit: just went to site and sale is gone. Boooo Gamestop! (but glad I snagged mine)

Edit2: Posted photo of receipt: Step 1: infect computer with spyware from GameStop. Step 2 retrieve key code. Step 3: Delete Gaemstop software and reformat C drive… Also it is VERY odd how they gave a promotional code on top of the sale, then taxed it back lol. See photo below.

11. Avatar of DJPimpDaddy
    DJPimpDaddy Says:

Edit2: Posted photo of receipt: Step 1: infect computer with spyware from GameStop. Step 2 retrieve key code. Step 3: Delete Gamestop software and reformat C drive… Also it is VERY odd how they gave a promotional code on top of the sale, then taxed it back lol. See photo below.

12. Avatar of Elinnea
    Elinnea Says:

Aw, sad day. Shortest sale ever, indeed! I wonder if it was a mistake. Ah well, I guess I’ll save those $5 for the next time TPs have a big sale.

13. Lenghad Says:

I think it was a mistake. I bought it on sale yesterday for $9.99 which was half off it’s normal price.

Goldenstar Says:

The ad I saw this morning told me it was 75% off though (as I mentioned in the post I didn’t get it because it was showing $9.99 as the full price). I don’t think it was a mistake if they bothered to make the ad art saying 75% off. I’m guessing they could only sell so many at that price and they quickly ran out.

• Lenghad Says:

Anyway, heck of a deal for those who managed to snap it up.

• Crispy Says:

I doubt it was a proper sale: only on from about midnight to about 9AM (PDT) on a Tuesday morning. No advertising whatsoever, no tweets/retweets. Can’t be very many people that bought it. Defeats the whole purpose of having a sale (to generate interest). Can’t be a clearance: it’s a digital download; there’s no “stock”. (The 75% artwork is most likely auto-generated by the site.) I’d say it was a mistake (hopefully a July 4 sale that was released a week early…)

14. Ryan Says:

I just discovered your site and how well it is layed out, great info! We were just barely introduced and now you are leaving. Miss you already!!!

15. Brewstyr Says:

I got this in a different sale for $15 a while back, good value.

16. Ryzis Says: