Poll: Which Gaming Systems Do You Own?

July 9, 2013

Weekly Poll

Merric and I have been a bit of a collector of game systems in the past. We prefer to play games on our PCs but we also own an Xbox, a Wii, a DS, plus our phones and tablets all that can play games on them.

So here’s a simple question, what do you own (and use)? We own a Wii but we honestly haven’t turned it on in… like forever. We’re also open to suggestions for good titles on any of the systems as well!

Which gaming systems do you own (and use)?

• Computer (98%, 554 Votes)
  • Mobile (iOS, Android, etc) (51%, 288 Votes)
  • Wii (33%, 185 Votes)
  • Playstation (31%, 177 Votes)
  • Xbox (27%, 151 Votes)
  • Handheld (DS, Vita, etc) (22%, 125 Votes)
  • Other (8%, 46 Votes)

Total Voters: 563

Loading ... Loading ...
, ,

25 Responses to “Poll: Which Gaming Systems Do You Own?”

1. Opdum/Bregle Says:

Amazing, 100% of your readers own a PC so far!

2. Thuindir Says:

I notice the Wii in my extended family is used mostly for the little kids (boys play Lego ___ “fill in the blank” and the girls play just about everything else from dance games to Mario Kart)

Our family tend to use ours very infrequent… mostly because it is hooked up to our PC and that is constantly being used for PC gaming.

3. Avatar of Fionnuala
    Fionnuala Says:

We have 2 PCs, a Wii, a DS, and I marked “other” because there are 3 tablets in our house (ipad and 2 Kindle Fires) that get used a lot for games. My husband grew up as a console gamer but mostly plays MMOs and PC games now, I pretty much only play LOTRO (and WoW on the side with him), our kids are all turning into big time gamers and play EVERYTHING. They play our MMOs and various internet games, games on the Wii (Kirby’s Epic Yarn is a big hit with them) and a ton of tablet games.

I would love to play the device specific games like Last of Us on PS, but its far too expensive to keep updating the consoles and games that go with each one. all you have to worry about with the pc is keeping up with game specs, around every 2-4 yrs, which you would do anyway to keep up with software.

I also am ‘grandfathered’ in the WSAD movement style of the pc and find the hand held remotes irritating. WI has no interest for me, it just seems gimmicky and too early in its infancy to be relevant ( like the early games of pong) give it some time to get fully developed and ill give it a try.

my other device is a kindle, the apps that go with that are not that great as far as gaming but its portability is fantastic. my sis swears by her smart phone.

5. Avatar of DJPimpDaddy
    DJPimpDaddy Says:

(Points at poll title and laughs) Gaming “System”!

My home theater setup only has a PS3 there until I build my Steam Box. That has been a hot topic on our Steam podcast a few times.

I also have to point out the hilarious irony that 100% of responders so far check “Computer” as a choice…on a website dedicated to a computer based game. I found it amusing if anything. Well played Goldenstar.

As for me, I am done keeping up with the console treadmill.

6. Thraorin Says:

[generic Core i7 notebook of the 3rd age],
    [Nintendo Gamecube of the 2nd age],
    [Commodore Amiga 1200 of the 1st age] ;)

7. Tori Says:

I generally play on my PC, but last year my sister got me a Wii for my birthday. Now I can get my Zelda fix when I need it. But I agree with the above comment that consoles are too expensive to keep up with for the most part.

8. Arinthros Says:

SEGA Genesis all the way! It took forever, and many months on ebay, but I finally collected every single Sonic game made for the genesis :)

9. Avatar of Ketani
    Ketani Says:

Heh, Elbs just hooked up the Game Cube here the other day. We’ve been playing LOTR: The Third Age. :D

10. Tule Says:

But the poll won’t figure out how many people own combinations. So we all have PCs, but we don’t know how many only use PCs and nothing else, or how many use all 7 types.

11. Dailily Broadbelt of Crickhollow Says:

Wait!!! Shout out for my Atari, NES, SNES, and N64! Long live Zelda! Can I get a witness?!

12. Rabbitses Starkfoot Says:

I have all of them!

13. Avatar of Chris Moran
    Chris Moran Says:

PC(!!), Wii, Android here and there. Have a wheel I want to hook up to get the Dreamcast going again for my 4 year old to do some basic fun car racing or riding “game”.
    Have an XBOX (original), but 99% used it for XBMC, that thing was louder than my PC during high action LotRO.
    The “no/low hassle” of consoles is great, but intelligently putting together a PC will allow playable upgrades much longer than a console’s popular lifespan.

14. Frandoc Says:

Although, in addition to my PC, I own a PS2, Xbox 360, Wii and Gamecube, I have played most on the pc (most of which has been LOTRO) and the PS2, which had the biggest selection of games that were appealing to me.

15. Tambookie Says:

We have a Wii, but hardly ever game on it. We use it for streaming Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube to the living room TV.

16. hungoth Says:

My PC is 2007 and is running all games I’m interested in well enough, with few upgrades on the way (RAM, graphics), but I built it by myself so it was bound to be used for more than 2 years (gaming only).

To be honest I recently started feeling the urge to build new one this year…