#LOTRO: Steed of the Greenwood Available Through September

September 4, 2013

LOTRO Store

The new store exclusive steed of September is the Steed of the Greenwood. This steed appeared in the store starting on September 3rd  and will be available until September 30th.

Steed of the Gloamwood 2 Steed of the Gloamwood

The description of the horse in the store is:

This steed has green barding made of sturdy leather plates, with a light green ridge on it’s halter.

This mount is as fast (+68%) and same morale (250 HP) as the previous store exclusive mounts with the same price tag. This steed is a per character purchase so be sure you spend the Turbine Points on the character you want riding this.

Purchasing this steed will also allow you the use of the appearance items for your War-steed.

Tales of Arda (@toarda) on twitter shared what the warsteed cosmetics look liked dyed.

Store Location: Travel & Housing -> Mounts -> Store Exclusive
Levels: 5+
1,995 TP

, , ,

14 Responses to “#LOTRO: Steed of the Greenwood Available Through September”

erm….you better like the color green with this one

• Thundertrain Says:

What is the point of being able to dye your war-horse cosmetics if 90% of the outfit doens’t change color at all? Not the first horse design with which I’ve had this gripe, but this one is particularly egregious. I’m left wondering if they named it Steed of the Greenwood just so they didn’t have to worry about desiging dye effects? Since they’ve started to do the “Monthly Store Horse” program, the designs seem to be mediocre at best.

2. lothirieth Says:

Er… wow… that is.. some horse. A mohawk? A people are buying it. To each their own.

3. Avatar of andyb
    andyb Says:

No stirrups or pommel on the saddle and a lack of bridle.

Does this mean you won’t be able to control it as well and get dismounted more often?

• Isilwren Says:

English saddles don’t have pommels. I learned to ride with that style and found I had better control over the horse. The one problem I have always had with these horses is that they don’t have reigns and the footing on the stirrups is all wrong. As my trainer once said, you don’t dance ballet in your stirrups (heels are supposed to face downward).

Most of these horse outfits look like something one would march in a parade with.

4. Pickles (Mew) Says:

Deja vu.

5. Angela Says:

Dear god!… I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

6. Ithoran Says:

That’s pretty hideous. There has yet to be a mount that I’d be willing to spend 1995 TP on.

7. Kefvinius Says:

It reminds me of a seahorse. Count me out this month.

8. Aelinmir Says:

So tired of the heavy pile of leather. these designers need to use google to learn what barding existed for war horses.

I agree, while barding has its place in the game, there is just too many mounts that are so overdone with drapey gear. No way would a horse be able to wear all this without dying of heat. I would dearly love to see more realistic gear for horses, with interesting packs and canteens, for ex. like the Hunter class steed. Make all of it dyable, or as much of it as possible.

10. Tinker Says:

This month’s horse brought to you by Fred Flintstone. Yikes!

• DougL Says:

Haha, that’s hilarious, yep. Not a pretty horse. Well, basically all of my characters I play have like Elf Lords, or my Minstrel is working on the big rep horse still, but I wouldn’t touch this one.

1. #LOTRO: Limited Time Mount Release | Casually Strolling Through MMOs - March 27, 2014

[…] Steed of the Greenwood 1995 TP […]