Poll: Hours You Play MMOs in a Week

September 22, 2013

Weekly Poll

This week’s poll we’re asking for you to share approximately how many hours in a week you play MMOs. Give it your best estimate and select the closest choice below. Feel free to leave a comment sharing what games you spend those MMO hours on!

How many hours a week do you play MMOs?

• 20+ hours (31%, 147 Votes)
  • 5-10 hours (29%, 136 Votes)
  • 11-20 hours (24%, 113 Votes)
  • 1-4 hours (12%, 59 Votes)
  • 1 hour or less (3%, 13 Votes)
  • I don't play MMOs (1%, 5 Votes)

Total Voters: 473

Loading ... Loading ...

19 Responses to “Poll: Hours You Play MMOs in a Week”

1. Ocho Says:

11-20 for me. That’s on a good week, though. Mostly I miss about 2-3 days per week due to other events. Lately, my time has been split between Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, and Star Trek Online. :)

2. Hatter_of_Bree Says:

5-10 hours – 1-2 work day and a few in weekend. Its rare that i play more

3. Avatar of Vræden
    Vræden Says:

Where’s the option for, “I don’t keep track but my spouse/significant other says it’s too many”

• caddi Says:

Far too many. This is the person who thought games we’re silly and who,once playing, swore she would never pay to play. I find it the perfect antidote go work stress, but yes I play too much.

4. Cambruin Says:

5-10. Wife, baby girl, soccer ánd a fulltime job. WTB Break from life.

5. Avatar of Ketani
    Ketani Says:

Up until a couple months ago, I’d have said 20+. Since starting a new job, it’s much closer to “1 hour or less”. I’m very grateful to have a job again, but I do miss my LOTRO and Rift friends. :/

Tsu Says:

10-20hrs (at least 1hr every weekday and 3 hrs weekend days – in the morning!)

I am trying to juggle kids and FT job…now the last hours to squeeze in are being fought over by Wife and LOTRO…

Its all fun :)

6. Joshua Says:

My answer to this depressed me. XD

7. Atze Krababel Says:

Since i found Lord of the Rings Online after playing RIFT and WOW for quite a long time i am well 20+ hours again. 75% is Lord of the Rings Online… the story is unique and i love the mature player base.

8. Avatar of Chris Moran
    Chris Moran Says:

100% LotRO, but I’ve set aside Tuesday evenings to play,which used to be 5-6 hours, but has fallen to about 3-4 now. :( I take work home nearly every night and appreciate some family time. During vacations, it’s often another story though. :)

9. Avatar of Gunnie
    Gunnie Says:

I’d say somewhere between 6-12 hours a week, sometimes even more if I don’t have any plans for that week. And mostly it’s LotrO, and to some degree DotA2 or War Thunder

im down to 1-4 hrs a week from a recent peak of 20+….. i find myself really burned out on the whole live in a game thing lately. when i do go on I enjoy myself but the days of capping each craft guild, earning raid gear, and lvling to end game are gone. been there and done that. felt like a fool for wasting so much time in a game.

11. FoxFire Says:

Seems at least one person is strolling so casually through MMO’s that they don’t even play MMOs.

:-D

12. Ryzis Says:

I’m down on the hours I play 1-4, mainly cause I chose to hit the gym more often (and that eats up spare time believe me!). Even though I cut my hours down to 60hrs/wk, I still have less time for gaming. Two other games I dabble in are Star Trek Online and Star Wars Online. Gave up on Ultima Online.
    If we could just “gamify” real life! Rewards for hitting a new weight goal, rewards for reaching a certain level in school, rewards for accomplishing something at home. Is there an App for that? LOL!

• Jamz Says:

• Jamz Says:

Actually… I don’t know about school, but I use Fitocracy to track my workouts. You earn points and level up and they even have quests you can complete. I voted 1 hour or less since unfortunately I don’t have much time for LOTRO lately, but if you count fitocracy I’m definitely in the 11-20 range.

13. Rufusstan Says:

Fluctuates a lot, but recently has easily been 20+ a week.

Thinking back though its sad how much is low intensity stuff: crafting, waiting for hobbits to want to tell stories, chasing after chickens. All with something else going on in the background. So not sure if that counts.

14. hungoth Says:

I stopped playing lotro and didn’t find an MMO worth my time. Or I’m just old fart who’s getting bored quickly.

Anyway, I play War Thunder which technically is MMO few hours a week.

1. LOTRO: Not enough hours in the day! | tsuhelm - September 24, 2013