Last week we were given the opportunity to ask you our readers to come up with a number of questions that you would like to ask Turbines representatives about LOTRO and Helms Deep. We received a number of great questions and comments and were able to take these questions, brought directly from you, and send them over to be reviewed and answered by the LOTRO team.
I’m happy to report that I received the official responses from Turbine to your questions and comments. Although not all of the questions were answered here is a direct transcript, word for word, of what they were able to provide. Enjoy!
1. In Volume III: Book 3: Echoes of the Dead – Chapter 8: Further Secrets, several mentions are made of a dwarf hall called Zigil-Jabâl that would be located in the White Mountains.Though not lore (as the dwarves settled in the White Mountains after the War of the Ring) will Turbine follow through with their internal game lore (loved by many dwarven RP-ers) and give dwarves with White Mountain characters a place to call home ? In short, seeing that Helmsdeep lies in the north-western White Mountains, are we going to see “Zigil-Jabâl” with the HD expansion ? If not, are there any plans at all to ever put this invented White Mountain Dwarf hold in the game ?
We are currently focused on completing the story, which is a goal I’m sure you agree is a priority. However, we do have ideas for what we’ll do after we finish the story, there’s certainly plenty of lore to work with. This could be one of those things, though I think we’re some way off it yet.
2. Will there be any more shared storage on the horizon? Will there be any expansions to the vault?
We are always looking at our storage systems and working out ways we can improve the experience for our players, though we have nothing to announce at this time.
3. Will you implement a way to store PvMP trophy tradeables so they don’t take up so much bag/storage space, yet might still be tradeable (for instance they can go into barter wallet and then be extracted from the barter wallet when needed.)
Please see above.
4. Are the 2 wolves in the rohan level up chamber of the E&G Tavern some kind of spoiler for upcoming housing changes? Maybe prototypes of whats gonna be possible when in comes to positioning?
5. Will West Rohan ever be connected to the Gap of Rohan? I did some exploring during beta and there’s a rock wall in the western part of the Westfold area, and I’m assuming that’s where a connection would be made. Also, how will players get to Gondor from where we’ll currently be at level 95 when that expansion launches?
If it exists then we will build it! We currently have plans to connect other areas that need to be connected, it’s just a matter of time.
6. Is there any plans to launch any new hobbies? Fishing was fun but is there any plans for updates to fishing or any new hobbies in future updates?
There are no plans to expand hobbies in the current expansion, and we’re not able to confirm anything further out at this time.
7. Are there plans to expand the barter wallet to include other soul bound items to help players manage their space?
Please see answer 3.
8. With all the fun that’s around mounted combat are you planning on making it so that players can tame and ride their own Warg? That would be wicked cool!
That would be cool! But almost definitely extremely lore-inappropriate. We are more likely to develop Chris Perry’s oft-requested feature, Ent Play, first.
9. With the upcoming release of the second Hobbit movie will there be any in game events or activities or content releases relating to content from the Hobbit? Will we ever see the Lonely Mountain or Lake Town as an actual area that we can enjoy and experience?
We are the game of The Lord of the Rings book, and so we will primarily create the world of that book, and its timeline. We do however from time to time visit places that crossover, like Goblin Town, so anything is possible.
To wrap up this installment of “Ask Turbine” I wanted to thank all of you for your question submissions and I hope that you were able to get the response you were looking for. Until next time, Defend the Keep and Hold the Line!