#LOTRO: Helm’s Deep Release Notes

November 20, 2013

LOTRO, LOTRO News

The release notes for Helm’s Deep have been published and they are pretty extensive.  They contain information about the new Epic Battles, new regions, class changes and more!  Check them out and let us know what you’re looking forward to the most!

, , , , ,

25 Responses to “#LOTRO: Helm’s Deep Release Notes”

1. Pickles (Mew) Says:

“Crafted Champion horns are now consumable.”
    D:

• Pickles (Mew) Says:

“Both Tier 1 and Tier 6 tin deposits and the recipes to make tin ingots have been removed. Tin ingots should now be available via the Supply vendor. Any tin ore that is still in player inventories will be able to be converted into copper ingots via the multi-output option on the copper ingot recipes.”
      :D

2. Gorfaroth Says:

Once again, Turbine squeezed out a short announcement. As if the class revamp dev diaries (or skimming) were not short enough, the release notes are a relatively short read. Last year, with RoR, the release notes were 23 pages long, very detailed, and, unlike with these notes, got me anticipating the momment when I arrive home and play the game. Truly, the manifestation of the Turbine *cough, Warner Bros, cough* layoffs are at hand.

• Joshua Says:

If you’re counting the PDF pages, the HD notes use different fonts and formatting than the RoR notes.

What a bizarre thing to complain about, in any event.

3. Cadronas Says:

Some interesting changes. My first toon was hunter, though I have never been great I am not sure if entering the moors is going to be a pleasant experience solo given that I wont be able to track wargs, swift stroke or use my limited self heal (agile rejoiner). Solo hunters will be more the whipping boy of the moors than they ever were. Still in a group may be a different story.
    I like the look of the crafting changes. Tailoring should be a little less of a grind.

4. Avatar of Sullo
    Sullo Says:

“Crafted Champion horns are now consumable.”
    What what what?? Will I have to carry around a stack of 100 of them now? I can’t wait to log in to see if I love this or hate this.

5. Billy Says:

I hate this new skills system… i just tell BYE BYE LOTRO

6. alvinchimp Says:

So they made monster play classes stronger finally they are way too weak

7. Bryandt Says:

So, having played this some now…

I’ve played Minstrel (85), Hunter (78), Champion (35) and Captain (23). The power creep behind the new traits and mechanics are ridiculous. Seriously, every class made me want to scream “UNLIMITED POWER!!!” at my screen. The disparity between damage you do on foot and in mounted combat is HUGE. So huge that they really need to address the issue. Else, mounted combat will be a very moot point. :/

• baue8673 Says:

For what classes? My captain still seemed a bit stronger mounted than on foot. Granted, they have always been strong. I did notice that her DPS line was pretty ridiculous. I couldn’t really contemplate rotations cause things were dying so fast. “Lets see … shout, sure strike, devastating blow … lets try the new bleed … oh, its dead.?

• Bryandt Says:

Mainly, Minstrel. I can’t speak too much about the other classes I play because either they aren’t that far yet as to have a Warsteed, or they have one but nothing is maxed out yet.

But for my Minstrel, I do a whole lot more damage on foot than I do mounted.

• nova Says:

same with rune keeper. i’m taking on mounted enemies, even bosses, on foot, because i can mess with them a lot easier. tbh i’m glad there’s not much mounted combat so far, as i profoundly dislike the system and i voted “no” for MC from the beginning but – erm – no one asked me :))

8. Durrendel Says:

My Berserker line Champion kills every mob with 3-4 strikes. I did 3 Tier II skirmish in a row without potions, dying, or even going under 50% Morale. Ridiculously strong, really!

9. Knify Says:

A few kinmates and I were discussing the champ changes and we have come to the conclusion that the champs red line is really weak compared to the other too. We tested it and were getting higher single target damage while traited yellow than we were traited red… Hopefully Turbine will adjust this in 12.1 because the red line was definately my favourite as a champ.

any tanks able to weigh in on your feelings about the changes?

• Bryandt Says:

Oops. I did try my Guardian as well. Haven’t had a chance to try either of the tanking lines yet, but the red line is GLORIOUS. Mind you, you’re still killing slower than a hunter or champion, but you are killing at a faster pace than before and doing some decent burst damage at that. Deck out an herbalist in a skirmish and you’re not dying, no matter how many mobs are on you. There’s also a hammerblow skill (the name escapes me) that does some massive damage to mobs. Works well as a finisher and has a nice screen shake effect.

• Tanir Says:

I can’t speak for Guardians but it seems that the Warden is completely broken as far as tanking goes. Defiant challenge seems to be the only aggro tool and it seems buggy. All of our threat transfers are gone :( . Things are not good in Warden land

• Bryandt Says:

That’s unfortunate. I guess you can tack that on to the list of other horribly game-breaking bugs HD brought.

Such as the Remembering Thrymm quest. That thing is borked nine ways from Sunday.

11. Glinluin Says:

Are there any nice guides and tips on the net for the new trees for those of us without the time to experiment?

12. nova Says:

first impressions:
    my morale went down 1k, to 6000. at lvl 85 RK. i tried a mixed green/yellow and went off to test it, but found it weak. then i went full-on yellow. hello, dps :D 2-3 hits per kill, lots of stuns, i don’t even mind my low morale since i’m untouchable. the 55k mobs provided a mild challenge. at 95 i’ll be off to solo all moria 6man.

my one complain is that the skill slots shift when i switch trees. it’s enough to make me not ever switch to healing RK, ever. because s***w that, i’m not rearranging my skills every time. so if that issue could be addressed, i’d be pretty much 100% happy with what i’ve seen so far.

also, i can’t make any sense of the big battles. the “tutorial” in game did no help at all. i don’t think i’ll play them much, hoping to still see some new instances at some point.

13. DougL Says:

My main was a warden, so screw this game. As much as I occasionally get the pang to run around the land, I am hardcore while I am there, the gameplay of the warden was the only one I enjoyed, now, not at all. Thanks Turbine, you saved me ever again investing 10-15 bucks a month.